SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I've found and read the Auto to Manual Conversion PDF doc that's available on the C900 tech forum for performing the swap on a C900 (obviously :roll:).

While I understand the fundamentals would be the same to do the swap on a 99, is it as much of a bolt on conversion on the 99 than on the C900?

I'm considering going for the swap on a gas-guzzling 99GL. Is there anything that would be harder on the 99 than on the C900? I'm thinking more specifically clutch/brake pedal brackets compatibility, firewall pre-drilled for the clutch slave cylinder, little details, etc, etc.

Any experience of yours would be highly valued! Thanks, Seb

·
Registered
590 Posts
We did one 25 years ago when I had a Saab/Volvo repair shop on a '76. The 99 was left hand drive and I remember all of the holes and mounting brackets were in place. One thing that sticks out was that the auto 99's had power steering, and the PS plumbing ran right close to where the clutch master plumbing was, making clutch master replacement very tight if not impossible. Everything else was pretty easy. We retained the original automatic B block, and the car was incredibly fast.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for this valuable info, Doug. The car I have in sight is 76 also but no P/S if I'm not mistaken - P/S was quite uncommon on 99's over here in Europe.

Even more tempted to buy the car now!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts