SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did some search couldn't find any... Anyone thinks the setup for the automatic shift looks ugly? I would love to have a leather boot over that like a manual shifter! Anyone attempted to do this mod? I wud like to cover the letters on the side as u can already see it on the console.

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
i have, but i made my own, and i'm not completely happy with it.

the shifter gate and knob are actually removable so it would probably be possible to put the OEM manual shifter boot on, but at $160 that would be expensive especially since theres no aftermarket.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I was thinking about getting the wood grain piece that goes on the shifter for mine off Genuine Saab $114 is cheaper too and it might look good.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

the shifter gate and knob are actually removable so it would probably be possible to put the OEM manual shifter boot on, but at $160 that would be expensive especially since theres no aftermarket.
Thats awesome that u made ur own! Can you please post a pic when you can??

·
Registered
1,216 Posts

yes pics please

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
i dont have a camera at the moment (its not in the house) so i'll get back to you guys with the pics. as far as attaching it, initially with my first prototype i had it secured only by the center trim. it is now secured by tucking it under the shifter faceplate. i have it secured with the screw that holds in the assembly and i have it zip-tied the front near where the front of the console surround is. difficult for me to explain, but i'll post pics when i get the camera back...

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i dont have a camera at the moment (its not in the house) so i'll get back to you guys with the pics. as far as attaching it, initially with my first prototype i had it secured only by the center trim. it is now secured by tucking it under the shifter faceplate. i have it secured with the screw that holds in the assembly and i have it zip-tied the front near where the front of the console surround is. difficult for me to explain, but i'll post pics when i get the camera back...
sounds like an easy mod :cheesy:
will have to explore this soon.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
i just really like alcantera, my dads 911 has it everywhere and its real cool and classy:cool:

i just need to know how to remove the shift knob now. i think we can just pull up on the silver piece

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
abarth how did you remove the shifter, i got the silver piece off now im stuck

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
1 - 20 of 32 Posts