SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Auto-dimming Mirror w/Compass & Garage Door Opener....is it possible to add this as is or do you need use Tech II to set it up....thinking about adding one to my 2006 9-3 Aero

·
Registered
129 Posts
Auto-dimming Mirror w/Compass & Garage Door Opener....is it possible to add this as is or do you need use Tech II to set it up....thinking about adding one to my 2006 9-3 Aero
Do you have a link to the specific mirror? I don't see why one wouldn't work. I used to own a BMW Z-3 and people on the Z-3 forum were regularly getting auto-dimming mirrors from junkyards and installing them on the Z-3s. You just need 12 volts up by the mirror, which we have right there at the light switches. The Homelink thing is the same. It's all built into the mirror. It doesn't need to communicate with the car.

·
Registered
129 Posts
To add to my last comment, different cars use different kinds of mounts on the glass. If you buy a mirror on eBay or someplace make sure it comes with the proper mount for the Saab. Alternatively, make sure it comes with the glue and the piece that glues to the windshield so that you can remove the Saab mount and install the aftermarket mount.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I was assuming you were going to buy a generic mirror on eBay but I just learned that Saab made an auto-dimming, Homelink mirror for 9-3s. Obviously you don't need to worry about the mount with that one.

Here's one on eBay for $90 with free shipping. I'm almost tempted to buy it myself, but I don't really need it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Saab-9-3-rear-view-mirror-Saab-9-3-saab-9-5-rear-view-mirror-w-homelink-/380439150877?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item5893f0c11d&vxp=mtr#ht_500wt_1413

·
Registered
793 Posts
I added the auto dimming/home link.
Nearly all 93/95 mirrors will work, some require wiring changes if plugs are wrong.
Many are available, on e-bay and junk yards.
Can be plug and play if socket matches.
Just bolts on in the vert, assumed the same mount in sedan, not sure though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts