SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will my AERO 9-3ss accept the auto-dimming mirror with compass and homelink as a component without the touring package. It has the automatic seats, but not the memory seats. The mirror I got was the standard one, but I swapped it with the one I bought on EBAY.

In my '04, I had to disconnect the iBUS connector, but was wondering if it would be work if I were to reconnect it and get it programmed as an add-on component.

Thoughts about this?

Paul

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
No programming needed. Just plug and play. The mirror only takes power and the reverse signal to work. It is independent of any control modules.

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
epsilon93 said:
No programming needed. Just plug and play. The mirror only takes power and the reverse signal to work. It is independent of any control modules.
That is not quite true because when I plugged in my mirror on my '04 Linear, my rear-left reverse light would not turn on when putting the car in reverse. Disconnecting the iBUS cable got both working again.

Paul

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
I have helped people over here install quite a few mirrors and none have the problem you describe. They all work perfectly. They were all linears and came with the standard mirror. You may have gotten a mirror from the 95 which fits but has a slightly different wiring harness.

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It was a 9-3ss mirror which I purchased off a guy from EBAY for half-price. The one thing which is interesting if that the mirror can be added to the system if you have a the mirror seats/etc (i.e., convenience package) because it would tell the side mirrors to activate their dimming function
along with turning off the dimming function when you go in reverse.

It doesn't matter as much now because the mirror does dimm, so it is all good.

Paul

1 - 5 of 5 Posts