SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a strange problem with my autobox. Anyone any clues please?

First thing of a morning, start the car and put in reverse. car doesn't move til you give it 3500 revs! reverse off my path and put in Drive. Car feels like clutch is slipping and is staying in gear too long. After driving for about 1/4 mile or so in 1st and 2nd, it settles down and starts changing gear normally! Oil level is fine.

Will have to book in somewhere and leave overnight I guess........

Bob

·
Registered
4,845 Posts
You made sure to check the oil level while the engine was running, correct?

Have to ask, it's not a common sense thing.

·
Registered
155 Posts
At the moment I would agree about the oil level (but if you've checked it as per the book - engine running, 15 secs in D, 15 secs in R, 15 secs in P then check level) then I appologise in advance.
It does sound as if the torque converter doesn't have enough oil to work properly on start up, and unless you live in a very hilly area, the problem will seem to fix itself.
These boxes do have a history of oil leakage from the banjo joints on the oil cooler by the water radiator, but having said that, you should notice the leak on the driveway / road.
Otherwise I guess it may be a clutch (auto box type operating on the planet gears) related problem; so to the expert it must go!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts