SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone explain how the gearstick is screwed on the its lever?
mine keeps coming off of the lever and the torx bolts just fall out after a few days.
I can also twist the handle a few degrees cc-wise...

In the EPC it says the number 5 is a fillingplate between the handlepiece and the lever itself, but how can I check if they are still there?

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
Do you want to try a picture? Which part 5? can you give the part number that you're referring to as part 5.

Do you mean the knob itself?

David.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yes I mean the knob itself

part number 5 according to the EPC is article:
- L1016275
or
- L2011518

picture F4569 CAC93

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
The knob itself should be glued on.

When I renewed mine, I chose NOT to glue it on because to remove it, it is generally a destructive procedure. I suppose I could use a dab of Copydex which is latex based or maybe a drop of PVA but i'm not going to fix it so much that it's impossible to get off without damaging it so I live with the fact that I can turn it a little.

I can't search on the picture number or the L number, please post the Saab part number! :)

David.

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
and that explains why we're at cross purposes because I thought you were referring to the manual gear knob, didn't know you had a slushbox! :)

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
djtaylor said:
and that explains why we're at cross purposes because I thought you were referring to the manual gear knob, didn't know you had a slushbox! :)

heheheh

but it is in he title ;)
[AUT]

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
OH, that's what [AUT] meant? I had no idea, thought it was some reference to Austrian or something - honestly!

AUTO would have meant something to me. :)

David.

·
Registered
768 Posts
As far as i can remember i had to use Loctite threadlock on the 2 torx, on my first Auto, as i had the same problem, it might be that the thread on the plate they screw into is worn, if it is try a slightly bigger diameter screw.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts