SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Afternoon: After reading the exhaustive list of stereo threads I have a couple of questions that I hope someone can answer.

1:The "Software upgrade" people refer to for the 7/150, is it possible to reset crossover values for the rear speakers. (I want to amp the rear signal and install some coaxs). If not, I will still amp the signal and increase the gain on the amp to get the rears a little more involved.

2: If these values are reset, does anyone know what crossover points will be. Thanks, Chris

·
Registered
6,410 Posts
So far, any software "upgrades" offered by Saab have had subtle impact (if any).

You may be referring to the activation of AMP2 with the upgrade kit. AMP2 is only offered by Saab as part of a package (an expensive package!) This is the amp in the trunk which drives the 6x9's. Once you install the hardware, you have to head to your dealer to have them reconfigure the amps.

There are basically two changes:
1) AMP2 gets "recognized" by the rest of the system
2) The crossover for the door speakers changes from 20 to 90 Hz

This is the only time any crossover changes, and I don't think it is possible to change this without having the new amp present.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Software upgrade

e
ctrlz said:
So far, any software "upgrades" offered by Saab have had subtle impact (if any).

You may be referring to the activation of AMP2 with the upgrade kit. AMP2 is only offered by Saab as part of a package (an expensive package!) This is the amp in the trunk which drives the 6x9's. Once you install the hardware, you have to head to your dealer to have them reconfigure the amps.

There are basically two changes:
1) AMP2 gets "recognized" by the rest of the system
2) The crossover for the door speakers changes from 20 to 90 Hz

This is the only time any crossover changes, and I don't think it is possible to change this without having the new amp present.
Last week, I took my 06 Aero (13 spkr w/nav) in to the dealer and they upgraded my audio software. The most noticeable difference, was that the audio actually sounded a little better. Does anyone know what the purpose of this software upgrade is?

I've heard that the upgrade activates the CD 1,2,3,4,5,6 in the SID, but does it do anything else? Does it possible eliminate the crossover limitations of the rear amp2 speakers?

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
toltonc said:
Good Afternoon: After reading the exhaustive list of stereo threads I have a couple of questions that I hope someone can answer.

1:The "Software upgrade" people refer to for the 7/150, is it possible to reset crossover values for the rear speakers. (I want to amp the rear signal and install some coaxs). If not, I will still amp the signal and increase the gain on the amp to get the rears a little more involved.

2: If these values are reset, does anyone know what crossover points will be. Thanks, Chris
In answer to your question, you can't change the x-over frequencies.

Even installing AMP2 doesn't actually change any frequencies, it only accesses different channels on the fibre multiplex.

·
Registered
6,410 Posts
DaftStar said:
Last week, I took my 06 Aero (13 spkr w/nav) in to the dealer and they upgraded my audio software. The most noticeable difference, was that the audio actually sounded a little better. Does anyone know what the purpose of this software upgrade is?
The SPS does not give great detail on what differences one can expect when moving to the later versions.

The upgrade for the EHU includes "New sound data." Some have interpreted that to mean sound compensation, i.e. code that allows the speed dependent volume to function.

The ICM upgrade lists "More user friendly icons for CD player." That may refer to the "123456" that will display in the SID if equipped with a 6-disc changer.

I have an old SPS list from TIS2000. There may be more useful information in TIS2WEB.

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
Toltonc, the thread below gives some good information about the stereo system as standard when our cars were built (2003), especially how the system equalliser is set, but unfortunately doesn't give any info on the software upgrades. http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21657
Don't know if you have seen this thread, but thought I'd post the link as a starting place for any upgrades you fancy doing. Have upgraded my system using this and other information found in the stickies and tech help section, and now have a pretty reasonable system, probably not the best, but good enough for me.

·
Registered
6,410 Posts
DaftStar said:
Does anyone know what the purpose of this software upgrade is?
Here's what's in the SPS:

These version numbers are for US market EHU and ICM2. The other markets got similar software. The version number usually differs in the last digit for other markets, but the changes are the same.

EHU SINGLE US
12802514 (release 2003-05-27) - Correction of SoftTopCompensation for 442. Correction of diagnostic operation. New sound data. Change of the tic-tac chime.

12801089 (release 2003-02-27) - Sound parameter improvements. This software also contains a fix to solve problems with re-flashing EHU in car.

12793934 (release 2002-09-27) - Corrects problems with Autostore and TP.

ICM2, US ENGLISH
12804672 (release 2003-08-09) - Improved fault handling for heater timers.

12804431 (release 2003-06-06) - More user friendly icons for the CD players. Error corrections concerning DISC button and "No disc available" message.

12804286 (release 2003-05-16) - Improvements in internal handling of Soft Top and radio. Corrections in diagnostics.

12803632 (release 2003-03-27) - Fixed problems with starting the parking/auxiliary heater using timer. The problem in cars with MCP that the fan for interior heating does not turn off after the heater turns off is solved. Fixed a problem in ICM causing battery to run out when key is left in "Lock"

12801927 (release 2002-12-06) - Minor bug fixes

There are earlier revisions but you get the picture. Nimisys says there is a more recent EHU SW version than the one in my list. And some of it is just cryptic. What exactly is "SoftTopCompensation for 442", and why would that code be in the EHU rather than the ICM?

And just an FYI. Saab is now replacing units like bad ICM's with refurbs. The reconditioning is done by Delphi. Unless the unit was previously updated you will get the SW loaded when it was built.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts