SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I drive a 2003 SAAB 9-3 Linear and the other day all the audio in my car randomly became completely muted. I don't get sound from anything including the clicking noise when i hit the turn signal. I'm a noob with electronics and the audio system of the car so it's probably something simple.

Please help!

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
yes and no. I think one of the biggest faults that causes this problem is amp1 (anyone can feel to correct me). Basically as I understand it on the o-bus one of the modules has stopped working rendering the whole system usless. I think in general the o-bus(fiber optic bus) was a bad idea. Its really a crap shoot to find out whats wrong(without a tech II) When one link breaks in the system the entire system goes down. Like I said honestly I would check amp 1(under driver seat) to see if there are any corrosion problems. Othewise do a search and your bound to find something, but it seems i hear a lot of people having trouble with amp 1. I personally have not had a problem. I believe the other common problem is the ICM(raido control portion of the system). But, assuming you haven't done anything with the O-Bus system because your a noob(you said it not me ;)) then I would be more willing to place money on amp1 than anything else. good luck!

Hi,

I drive a 2003 SAAB 9-3 Linear and the other day all the audio in my car randomly became completely muted. I don't get sound from anything including the clicking noise when i hit the turn signal. I'm a noob with electronics and the audio system of the car so it's probably something simple.

Please help!

·
Registered
980 Posts
I agree with Ridenbaugh on the frequency of failure of Amp1. It is also very susceptible to water damage as it's located under the driver's seat such that the air vents on the top of the amp can take on water when you open the door during a hard rain. I believe that's what fried mine when it was only 4 mos. old.

·
Registered
381 Posts
I would go with the battery in the first instance.
My audio packed up for a while, came back after disconnecting battery, probably some kind of logic lock-up on this clown designed apparatus.

O-Bus comments are valid too but involves more work than the battery.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've had the same issue once, it turns out to be the built-in telephone module, bluetooth was enabled and when I've entered the car with a mobile in my pocket having bluetooth on, it just blocked the whole audio system, I suppose this is some software issue. Just deactivated bluetooth and restarted and everything worked again. I don't know if this applies to you but take it as a hint.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts