SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am using the stock HU and have done some slight upgrades...basically replaced the dash speakers fo BA S35 and adding a sub and amp in the boot (tapped signal using a line level converter from the right door speaker) as well as an IPOD aux-in kit.

I'm getting intermittent issues below which has been there even before the setup was done...

- Radio goes PI SEEK once in a while, losing the radio reception....reception I must say really sucks
- Sometimes the entire HU seems to reset itself, meaning it shuts down all of a sudden and start back up again....
- upon starting the car, I seem to have very poor high freq sound...but as soon as I twiddle with either the bass or treble knobs, the high freq sound becomes much better (by twiddling it, I mean just turning it one direction and back to the original position)

I wonder if anyone has experienced any of these weird issues and can help to offer some advice....thanks

·
Registered
615 Posts
Sounds like you may have a short circuit somewhere. Is it more apparent when it rains, or in high heat or humidity ?

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It always hot and humid over here but I've experienced it happening both during hot days and rainy days.

The rate of occurrence is maybe twice in every 3 drives I do....its quite frequent!

·
Registered
108 Posts
My two cents-
PI SEEK is absolutely normal if radio signal for particular station is weak, the radio tries to scan whole band to find the same station at different frequency. I'm living in area where FM reception is very poor so I'm faced to this, as soon as I drive out for some 10 kms it stops seeking.
If you're sure that in your area you should have stable strong FM radio signal, check antenna/cable/amplifier.
IMO radio sensitivity on 9-3 is not so bad, as I mentioned, FM reception is very poor here but other people (with other cars/radios) suffer from this much more than I do.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Refreshing the post for this issue:-

Upon starting the car, I seem to have very poor high freq sound...but as soon as I twiddle with either the bass or treble knobs, the high freq sound becomes much better (by twiddling it, I mean just turning it one direction and back to the original position).

Can anyone share any advice on the above....? I'm tired of twiddling with my bass/treble knobs everytime I get in the car.....

An recently I get a problem where the EHU simple shuts down by itself and then restart back again after 2-3 seconds.....help!!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hi Jack,

I have a similar (not identical) problem.

For me.. naturally, if i shut off the engine without turning the radio off, the radio will be on automatically the next time i start the car.. BUT i do not have the low frequencies. I have to shut the radio off and turn it back on.. then i get the full range of frequencies.

I also have the PI seek problem.. and its really quite irritatting.

For me, I have the following installed..
DLS Iridiums
10" Diamond Sub
1 Diamond Mono-block
2 Diamond 2-channel
1 Diamond 4-channel
Rockford 3-sixty

1 - 6 of 6 Posts