SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

Just have to share - I am currently at the ring and having a blast. Day 3 about to start but I only done one lap so far because it rained all day on day 2.

Experience so far has been 5x everything I had hoped for. The track is... out of this world. No video or game you check can prepare you for.it, specially the height changes. Me and my friend both highlighted one section where you come out of a corner and there is like a wall of concrete going up 4 or 5 floors high.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
...continuing my post:

To my great surprise, I went around in less than 10 mins on my first lap, without ever having been around. I have it on video also - will post it after I get back home in a week or so ;)

As to the trip down, I also made a few vids of the Autobahn driving experience - it is quite surreal to drive up to 250kmh legally. This was how fast it went and stopped, probably limited. The value was from GPS, although the speedo was pretty much spot on. One one occasion I found myself behind a cop car when they closed the Autobahn to remove some debris. After they reopened I just floored it all the way up to 200kmh and they didn't bat an eyelid... quite surreal feeling ;)

Now the downside... the consumption at those speeds? My god... you CAN literally see the gas needle move.

Having so much fun. Will keep you guys posted! ;) off to.breakfast and start of day 3 and hope a few laps today.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
That is an ignorant post. It's like saying 'I just spent a day at the pub with Keira Knightly 'cause it was raining but tomorrow we're gonna rock'.

I'm jealous, but have fun anyway.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
That is an ignorant post. It's like saying 'I just spent a day at the pub with Keira Knightly 'cause it was raining but tomorrow we're gonna rock'.

I'm jealous, but have fun anyway.
LOL :cheesy:

you suck OP. but seriously, i am jealous as hell.

·
Registered
9,087 Posts
I seem to remember that there are web cams somewhere out there to watch the Ring .. When are you next going out nd what color is your car?

·
Registered
850 Posts
Check here if you find you in one of the galleries...

http://www.ringportal.nl/en/photography

THe last 3 years I went about 8 times....It's a superb experience!! The last one I drove this one,

Be very very careful in wet, keep it calm, there are many wet spots when other places are dry, different types of tarmac and so. Keep alway an eye on your mirror, and the trafic rules are applicable on the track, as you can only overtake from the left, etc....

enjoy!!

regards

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Lap Times?

Under 10 min I hope! ;ol;:D:lol:
It: s not that easy to get to those times with this car... I got a 9:50, 9:56, 10:00 and the last lap, with heavy traffic, was something like 10:36. I still need to clock them all to be sure.

You waste a lot of time slowing down to let faster cars through and waste time trying to.overtake.

Plus... seriously, expecting to be fast after 4 laps only will get you in trouble. I am glad I get to drive back.home in my car...not.everyone was that lucky this weekend.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I am jealous! Cant wait to see the vids. Dont forget your 'Ring sticker;ol;
The vids will come up after I get home, but about the sticker... I was split about getting it or not but decided against. For one, you can buy those stickers in the internet so.they dont mean anything anymore. Second, I think it would drive the car value down for a multitude of reasons, number one being that you would be advertising that car was trashed around the track...

1 - 20 of 27 Posts