SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. some of you may actually remember me, and if you do, that'll be hilarious.

Anyway those of you that do remember, I've been stuck owning a Mercury Tracer for the past two and a half years (ever since my 85, 86 and 89 Saabs died in rapid succession). I am glad to report that General Francis Bilgemobile has finally bit the big one. It went out in grand fashion, with a huge cloud of smoke in pre-Christmas traffic while I was driving home for semester break. Being car-free for the past four months has been the greatest Christmas gift ever, especially now that gas prices have reached $Arm for regular and $FirstbornChild for premium. Not spending so much money on gas has given me plenty of cash to put away for a car.

I took a temporary police job for over the summer, which is a good two hours away from home, so I will definitely need a safe car (preferably one that won't blow up on me like the last one did). I've been keeping my eyes open for something, but never found anything within my price range. I gave up on my search last night and was planning to fax my "I quit before I even start" letter to the police department tomorrow.

My parents called today from home to tell me they've found a Saab within my price range. It's a c900 3-door, black. Don't know mileage or any other specifics yet. I'll be going home this weekend to check it out and if all goes well, I'll hopefully be driving it back to school on Sunday.

Anyway, it's good to be back. I'll be sure to keep you all posted. Hope everyone is well.

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
SaabScott said:
Welcome back EG!!!:cheesy:

Good to hear things are looking up for you!
It's been a weird year and a half or so. I'll spare you the details, cos I'm pretty sure Oprah will turn it into her book of the weak (oh those freudian slips!) ;) Just got off the horn with the paternal half, he says he checked it and it's probably a go! yay!

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Ha! I remember you. I recall thinking that anyone who is a guru of escalators is alright in my book. Welcome back and good luck on getting this car!

·
Registered
9,874 Posts
stromer said:
welcome back!

are you truly a guru of escalators?

She is a guru ... of what, we are not sure.

But she has been missed ... very glad to have her back amongst the living!:cheesy:

·
Registered
5,774 Posts
Welcome back. I hope the C that you are going to look at turns out to be winner.

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
there was a thread of missing persons awhile back and i mentioned you and no one knew where you went.. :cry:

glad to see you back :cheesy:

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
Has it really been two and a half years? I know you were here when I was still living in Texas, but I don't think I've been here this long. (I sure hope not. This town stinks. ;))

Well, either way. It's been too long. Welcome back to the land of boost. :cheesy:

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ahh it's good to be home. (removes shoes) (drinks last beer) (belches loudly) (commandeers television) It's so good to see so many of you still here.

Bank stuff went through OK so considering it meets my expectations (at least one functioning door, windscreen, engine runs without burnination, exhaust marginally quieter than snoring goat with chainsaw) I should be back on the road in the next few weeks. New Hampshire tends to be pretty lax about its inspections if you take it to the right (wrong) place, and it has been described to me as being in "great" condition so I am not forseeing any problems there-- now it's an issue of finding a DMV branch that'll reinstate my licence plates on a weekend.

And for all you new people-- Hi. I'm Ali and I have horrible, horrible luck with cars. My father was a Saab fanatic and it seemed to rub off-- we've had quite a few of them. As for what I am a guru of-- well, nothing in particular really. I tend to panic on escalators, so if I had to use one, I would sit down and collect my thoughts. Some wiseguy said to me, "what are you, the escalator guru?" and the name stuck.

Heading over to the workshop forum to ask some ridiculous questions. Again, it's good to be home!

·
Registered
4,666 Posts
escalator guru said:
Heading over to the workshop forum to ask some ridiculous questions. Again, it's good to be home!
We even have a thread over there just for that purpose :D

·
Registered
707 Posts
Welcome back EG! Long time no see...

Glad to hear another Saab might be in the works... :cheesy:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts