SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi. My 2.0t 5 speed vert has 73k miles. Its at stage 2 and I have a handheld so I can bring it to stage 3. That would give me a 25hp and 15 pound feet of torque boost, so not huge. I'm trying to decide if it’s worth going to stage 3 given the following:

I would be willing to spend the money on a gs downpipe w/ race cat. I would not be willing to spend the money on an intercooler or a 3" cat back, Also, I would not want to have to replace the clutch because of stress caused by the tune. With that said, I'm a relatively tame driver. Never track or race. I will push it on back roads now and then, but not too often. I do take it over mountain passes and back 5 or so times a year. I live in the northwest. It can be in the 80's-100 in the summer, but most of the year it’s temperate. My suspension is already tweaked, and I have a short throw shifter so no reason to spend money there.

So . . . (1) Should I add the downpipe and go to stage 3, but don't do the intercooler or cat back; or
(2) Would it be worth adding the downpipe and staying at stage 2; in other words, would a little quicker spool up be worth about $675); or
(3) Leave well enough alone? Thanks for your thoughts.

·
Registered
2,613 Posts
Why not ask BCB for their opinion?

·
Super Moderator
1,653 Posts
If you’re worried about having to replace the clutch, then don’t modify the car. So, option 3.

·
Super Moderator
19,495 Posts
You'll need an intercooler whether you want it or not.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi. My 2.0t 5 speed vert has 73k miles. Its at stage 2 and I have a handheld so I can bring it to stage 3. That would give me a 25hp and 15 pound feet of torque boost, so not huge. I'm trying to decide if it’s worth going to stage 3 given the following:

I would be willing to spend the money on a gs downpipe w/ race cat. I would not be willing to spend the money on an intercooler or a 3" cat back, Also, I would not want to have to replace the clutch because of stress caused by the tune. With that said, I'm a relatively tame driver. Never track or race. I will push it on back roads now and then, but not too often. I do take it over mountain passes and back 5 or so times a year. I live in the northwest. It can be in the 80's-100 in the summer, but most of the year it’s temperate. My suspension is already tweaked, and I have a short throw shifter so no reason to spend money there.

So . . . (1) Should I add the downpipe and go to stage 3, but don't do the intercooler or cat back; or
(2) Would it be worth adding the downpipe and staying at stage 2; in other words, would a little quicker spool up be worth about $675); or
(3) Leave well enough alone? Thanks for your thoughts.
Sounds like you made up your mind tbh. Don't need us to validate your choice.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The gs website says I only need a stage 3 tune with the downpipe. Diggs said I need the intercooler also. I suspected that, but wasn’t sure because I generally don’t run the car hard. I appreciate Diggs response.

I have no clue as whether the 3” downpipe with the stage 2 tune provides noticeable benefits and is worth the cost. I would appreciate everyone’s thoughts on that question. Thanks

·
Registered
833 Posts
The gs website says I only need a stage 3 tune with the downpipe. Diggs said I need the intercooler also. I suspected that, but wasn’t sure because I generally don’t run the car hard. I appreciate Diggs response.

I have no clue as whether the 3” downpipe with the stage 2 tune provides noticeable benefits and is worth the cost. I would appreciate everyone’s thoughts on that question. Thanks
Your stage 2 software has to be compatible with the 3" downpipe

1 - 7 of 7 Posts