SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't post the link but find in YouTube ''2004 Saab 9-5 Arc turbo noise''

In this video is showed problem that i have. Engine works good. But problem is when gouge does in yellow mark it start to sound very odd. At service they change APC, make pressure test and vacuum leak test but no result. Is it turbo? :( They say it may be crack in turbo?????!!!!! Can someone help with this? I want faster deal with it. ;)

·
Registered
7,963 Posts
Can't really hear anything in the video (if that's the one that you are referring to)

you should be able to post a link to the youtube video by clicking on the globe with the chain on the bottom of it (insert link) as you make a post.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Can't really hear anything in the video (if that's the one that you are referring to)

you should be able to post a link to the youtube video by clicking on the globe with the chain on the bottom of it (insert link) as you make a post.
Can't only 4 posts from me!

Can hear odd noise when in yellow! :eek:

·
Registered
540 Posts
I have that sound. But it is a slight but constant graunching, metal rubbing sound. However, the turbo only started doing this from one occasion.
My main car Aero 2.3T uses a Mitsi turbo. Wife took a direct hit. While it car is off the road, I bought a bombed up 9 5 Linear. After many small disasters with the Linear's TCM failing, vacuum lines tearing, oil senders leaking and starter stopping, the turbo karked it. It was a Garrett and it screamed shortly, then whined heavily and power in engine essentially, went.
So, I took my beautiful Mitsi turbo off my Aero and put it on the 2.0t Linear. Wow, what a difference. Now I race people. hehe.
However, there is a noise associated with this turbo now. Something in the aspiration that the turbo tends to choke, from the very beginning using it
It is not as loud as your video, and not as definited begin and cut off points as yours, but it is a grating hum and reminder that all is not well, not with the turbo. My theory is the turbo oil pressure perhaps, as though it is being starved 50% of its oil. Not completely starved.
That's my theory. But, I'm not sticking to it. .

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Can you hear in this? This is my video!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts