SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am just about to sell my 9-5.

The radio has been disconnected for about 12 months since I was using an Alpine unit in a single DIN converter. Now I've reconnected the original radio, the SID is showing "RADIO CODE" and the radio doesn't work. (I can insert and eject a CD, the radio buttons make a chime sound but that's it...

Does anyone know if there is an easy way to reset this code or will it be a trip to the dealer?

Thanks

Dan

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's why I asked... I know that the units are supposed to me joined to the cars, so why ask for a code? Incidentally, if I power on the radio whilst holding down the RADIO button, the radio starts up correctly and runs the speaker test routine. I can then change radio stations, listen to CDs etc, but only through one speaker at a time!

I'm going to phone the dealer today and ask if they can fix it...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
All fixed now!

Just got back from the dealer (stealer?) after paying £52.88. The technician discovered that the radio had divorced itself from the car and so he went through the ceremony to reunite them. They are now both talking to each other again and I can listen to music! So I guess that if I had stolen the radio, I only had to wait 12 months before I could use it! Makes me wonder what the point in the married/divorced system is...

The technician also evaluated the intermittent fault from the parking sensors... but that's for another thread!

·
Registered
3,951 Posts
Just got back from the dealer (stealer?) after paying £52.88. The technician discovered that the radio had divorced itself from the car and so he went through the ceremony to reunite them. They are now both talking to each other again and I can listen to music! So I guess that if I had stolen the radio, I only had to wait 12 months before I could use it! Makes me wonder what the point in the married/divorced system is...

The technician also evaluated the intermittent fault from the parking sensors... but that's for another thread!
When you re-installed the radio you should have tried disconnecting the battery for about an hour. Reconnecting the battery might have reset the system and the radio might have work properly.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
When you re-installed the radio you should have tried disconnecting the battery for about an hour. Reconnecting the battery might have reset the system and the radio might have work properly.
Tried that first - I've been running with a diesel performance box and since I'm selling the car and putting all the OEM stuff back in, I needed to reset the ECU. So the battery was disconnected for 4 hours!

·
Registered
14 Posts
We have a 98 that had the bettery disconnected to put in a new fuel pump. Now the radio is asking for a code. So should this not be happening ??

·
Registered
740 Posts
We have a 98 that had the bettery disconnected to put in a new fuel pump. Now the radio is asking for a code. So should this not be happening ??
It should not. I just had mine remarried to the car yesterday, after my battery died while doing some work around the car on Saturday. The radio should remember which car it is married to, so that it always works in that car. Saab did not plan for radios to "forget" that information. But seems like they do...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts