SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any advice anyone. Just did a oil/water/air check on the 900 S '91 before a long drive tomorrow and the bonnet popped (released) twice as I drove to the garage. Never done it before.

Had a quick look (its dark) and all looks as normal. Any advice as what can go wrong with these? It does not seem to click down as definately as usual...which is why it is releasing itself I guess. Any immediate suggestions will be very welcome!

·
Registered
375 Posts
Try and see if the cable has returned and is not staying in the pulled open position, this will leave the catch in the open position, good luck

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
Sounds like the return spring has broken. The (quick) fix is to close the bonnet and then push the release handle inside the car forwards, taking care to hold the very end of the cable in position else it can slip off the handle.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok...

Thanks, I will try this. After closing the bonnet I felt the release handle, it opened the boot with a *very* slight pull, rather than a normal decent yank.

I tried manually putting the release handle back in the right position then closed the bonnet, it sounded a little more secure. I'll try what you suggest early tomorrow :(

Any other tips or suggestions v welcome.

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
If you remove the grill you can look underneath the slam panel & see whats going on with the catch. You can remove the catch & grease/adjust it.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Brilliant guys. Many thanks to all of you for responding so promptly! Makes me feel a little more comfortable about what to try tomorrow am. These forums are flippin ace... especially when I tell you that the trip is (partly) to go see a Ruby thats for sale...thinking of spashing out :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts