SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live very close to work, so I am fortunate enough to go home for lunch. Today I was leaving my place to return to work. As I approached my car, I see the neighbors cat getting cozy on my warm hood (its very cold here today). I freaked out. "Get the f*** off my car!" I shouted. The cat bolted off of my hood and left paw prints, and, worse, a scratch about 1" long and deep enough to feel with my finger nail. I know hope is probably lost as far as removing the scratch, but I was wondering if anyone knows of a product (liquid spray, maybe?) that would act as a deterent to the cat? I am not a cruel person, but I am not joking when I say I wanted to KILL this cat.

·
Registered
615 Posts
blazinskunk said:
I live very close to work, so I am fortunate enough to go home for lunch. Today I was leaving my place to return to work. As I approached my car, I see the neighbors cat getting cozy on my warm hood (its very cold here today). I freaked out. "Get the f*** off my car!" I shouted. The cat bolted off of my hood and left paw prints, and, worse, a scratch about 1" long and deep enough to feel with my finger nail. I know hope is probably lost as far as removing the scratch, but I was wondering if anyone knows of a product (liquid spray, maybe?) that would act as a deterent to the cat? I am not a cruel person, but I am not joking when I say I wanted to KILL this cat.
Yes. A dog :cheesy:

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
I'd be rather astonished that a cat claw could noticeably scratch the paint. I suppose it's possible, but try buffing it out and/or some wax on it first.

There are devices such as this that you can place on a surface and, when an animal jumps into range, it emits a noise or spray that startles the animal. They're typically for keeping cats off counters but it may work on your car too. See also http://www.drsfostersmith.com/pic/article.cfm?aid=918

Cats love warm car hoods. You should also check to make sure the cat isn't under the car when you start it. If you know the cat's owner, have a word with them saying that you're worried about the cat being hurt if you start the car and that they really should keep the cat indoors (indoor cats live longer, healthier and happier lives.)

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
yeh my friends cat left 3 lines from its nails at least 10 inches long. was pissed i ended up using scratch x to get most of it off.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts