SaabCentral Forums banner

areo ecu upgrade who best????

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  saabstuart 
#1 ·
i am just about to upgrade my 1995 areo and think its between abbott and elkparts who is best? i have already got a 3" stainless exhaust an abbott air intake and dump valve.
elk say i can go straight to stage 3 should be good for +50bhp and abbott say its +40bhp. down side with abbott i live in glasgow and its a long drive and downside with elk is not sure if i need it set up once i get it

any help asap would be great not sure who to trust my baby with lol :lol:

#2 ·
You will not go wrong w/ BSR, Maptun or Abbott. The raw numbers do not mean all that much, and are dyno, not real driving. Spend time after you upgrade on a track and in Germany, all three will make you smile.

Best to consider how far you will end-up w/ mods as only Maptun can take you to awesome levels. If not further than Stage3 their is little to choose from.

#3 ·
down side with abbott i live in glasgow and its a long drive
Take that as a reason to go elsewhere.....I've been down there 3 times and each time they treated me with utter contempt, the first time my car ended up slower than when it went in....bit I bought incorrectly fitted, luckily the main technician there at the time sorted it on my 2nd visit and made me feel a little bit welcome, 3rd time I'd discussed a problem and as I needed a curtousy car this was arranged on the phone, then when I travelled 300miles to get there, all phone conversations had been totally forgotten and I was left standing there feeling a stupid twat.
You can read fantastic reports of great customer service in the Driver magazine but this is usually accompanied with someone handing over a huge wedge of money! These are purely my own personnel experiences.

#4 ·
ecu

thanks kev and mark on that i think it will be the elk one then as not seen the maptune one the site was under constrution last time i tried, not sure about going any more than stage 3 as that would mean an internal build though never say never this is my second engine as lack of sevice by last owner seen me starve the bottom end as sump was full of crystals...... :cool:

the elk part one think it is bsr will be easier as i can get that in post and i wont need to drive down to essex lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.