SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
98 V6 2.5L NG 900S, on starting, displays what appears to be rapidly cycling power-loss to the electronics. When it catches, all is fine. I recall that I had similar symptoms when I flattened the battery once, but I've charged this one up full as a tick. It MAY be better when warm, but I'm not certain of that-(I don't get to drive it that often) Might this be a sign of the ECU "playing up", or do they normally just die straight out?

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
Welcome to saab central, when you say a power loss in the electronics, do you mean only the interior electronics, or does the engine also have some acting up issues?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The dashboard electronics are the most noticable; they go crazy, flicking on and off, and the starting appears to follow that interrupted power symptom as well, but strangely, I can't say if it's the starter motor power cutting in and out, or the ignition. I think it's the ignition that goes missing.

Thanks for your help, it's HUGELY appreciated.

Bill

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
brule said:
The dashboard electronics are the most noticable; they go crazy, flicking on and off, and the starting appears to follow that interrupted power symptom as well, but strangely, I can't say if it's the starter motor power cutting in and out, or the ignition. I think it's the ignition that goes missing.

Thanks for your help, it's HUGELY appreciated.

Bill
My vote is on the ignition switch itself.

Sorry, can't go into more details!

_bny

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks,,, I'll check that out. It WAS the last thing I touched when I had a prob getting the key to release. Maybe I didn't get everything back exactly right.

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
Hmmm, check out the ignition. You may want to make sure the battery is in good condition as well, I know it's almost too obvious, but sometimes thats all it is.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts