SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently purchased a blue 6-speed 2007 saab 9-3 2.8T. I'm fixing up a few things on it one of which is both driver side windows. The front window made noises but didn't move the window so I ordered a new regulator. It came in yesterday so I got to work.

I pulled the door panel off; found the regulator cables snapped; fought with the broken regulator to move low enough to release the window clamps; finally uninstalled the window, motor & regulator.
I then unboxed my new window regulator from rockauto (World Power Systems WPR5577L). It is at this point that I discover my old window motor doesn't interface with the new regulator. The old motor has a bigger spline/gear, and a different bolt pattern. This window motor (driver front) that I took out of my car looks similiar to this. ( model # 12758922). from What I've read online the front driver motor that should be in my saab and should interface with my new regulator is this. (CARDONE 472910 {#12788803} )

can someone help me resolve this confusion? Did my saab have a different window regulator/motor assembly then typically installed? Where can I find a correct regulator that matches my functioning motor? I'd like to avoid buying a new motor in the style that matches with my new regulator. If I find a correct regulator for my motor, then I will likely return the new regulator to rockauto.

I'll post some reference images tonight when I get home from work.

Any help is appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
9,056 Posts
there are different regulators,pic of old and new would help.it's possible you could have an 08 regulator..pretty sure the regulators are different if finger protect is present..

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This link shows the one I bought from Rock auto.

I will send a picture of my broken one this afternoon when I get home. I haven't found an image of mine so far online. The one big distinguishing feature is that it has two lower holes to mount the motor, rather then two upper holes.

Also my VIN number ends in 71121210. I read on the 1aAuto site that the model regulator I bought may only fit 2007s up to VIN 71108595.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It is a 2 pin.

If that is a 07 motor then why am I only seeing this other style of motor/regulator combo on the internet?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts