SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh my. I didn't even catch that. I could have sworn it said a 1985 'Vert. :x

My fault. My current seats(all manual, no power) are done for. The height adjustment level is all messed up, and when I use the knob to reline the seats, only the left side reclines. It 'twists' the seat. The passenger side is okay.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wasn't there a fix for that common problem??
I looked it up everywhere, and found the common fix. But this was for electric/power seats. I can find anything for manual seats with the big knob on the side. I'm going to pull the seat out and see whats going on.

·
Registered
7,088 Posts
pop down your local junk yard and see if they have a C900, but check seat base fitting as the drivers hooked in at the back not bolted like the later one's, and the clamped(bolted down) over a chanel at the front, where the later ones just bolt down on a flat.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I pulled both seats out of the car today. Both the drivers, and passenger seats were the same, mounting wise. 4 torx bolts, in somewhat of a perfect square shape. I stripped one :evil:

But, I was able to swap the passenger seat, for the drivers seat till I can find another good set. The recliner knob is hard to get to, as it's rubbing the emergency brake console area, but this'll work for now.

·
Registered
7,088 Posts
set the seat as you like it then remove the inner circle of turn handle,. remove the screw and it's out of the way

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
But, I was able to swap the passenger seat, for the drivers seat till I can find another good set. The recliner knob is hard to get to, as it's rubbing the emergency brake console area, but this'll work for now.
If you remove the plastic trim (from your old drivers seat) you can swap the knob to the other side on your 'new' passenger seat.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts