SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
7,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know (for sure) if the AC fan is the same as the system coolant fan. i.e. on an AC equiped car you should have two fans under the bonnet at the front of the engine compartment - are they the same p/n?

Additionally I think the coolant fan is on the left (nearside) and the AC fan is on the right (offside) can anyone confirm this - obviously it is easy to find out - but does anyone know?

Thanks,
Emmett.

·
Registered
818 Posts
On my car the AC fan is the one on the when your sitting in the car :cheesy:

·
Registered
5,677 Posts
on my 900t without AC, the coolant fan is on the drivers side (i always get my offsides and nearsides mixed up!).

On the 99, both the coolant and A/C fans are the same. I had a couple of spare (coolant) fans, and it is very easy to fit 2 to a radiator to give extra cooling (all the mounting holes are already there).

·
Registered
109 Posts
It al depends on where you live.

If you drive on the right side (of the road) then the ac fan sits left, nearside that is. If, on the other side you drive on the wrong side of the road the ac fan still sits left but then it is on the farside.............if i'm right :confused:

PS: If you face the car then you have to replace right with left and nearside with farside...........and vice versa:p

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
The AC fan is on the "near side" or "left-hand side" or even "passenger side" for a UK car.

That clear enough??

·
4,637 Posts
But "near side" is only "near side" if you drive on the "far side". If you drive on the "near side" then "far side" is "near side" and "near side" is "far side"...

Unless you live by the Med where it's "shady side" that counts... :cheesy:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts