SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took out the wall thing on the passanger side and found my climate control and some dash things (I was looking for the radio, guess I missed =) and then I found this! http://flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/2084013729/

Can I reatach that somehow? just looks like It broke off. I also found a connector just dangling there, should this be in somewhere? http://flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/2084799100/

I also noticed that my door speakers are not working, how can I check to see if they were blown or not or just not attached? I bought them from some lady who didn't listen to music other than classical, so I don't think they're blown =]

Thanks alot
Tom

·
Registered
803 Posts
First, stash your "bag" better. :lol: J/K I'm sure it's the leftovers of the sandwich you had for lunch. :cheesy: The white gadget I'm no help with. Honestly, I don't even know what it is, never seen one before. Door speakers? You don't have 'em. If you did there would be a silver amp in your second picture. I believe that dangling connection is for the SE amp. Here's a pic of what the edge of the SE amp would look like. Don't mind the black power adapter in my pic. It's from my XM install.

Edit: Wait a minute. From the looks of my picture I have the same dangling connection. Now I'm curious what it goes to. :confused:

·
Super Moderator
3,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hahaha, I keep lose change in there! I put the gange down a while ago :cheesy:.
Anywho, I swear to you I have 2 front door speakers! I have one on the drivers door and one on the pass door. I'm confused! And that white think looks like it was once connected to the knob that you choose where the air goes. Like the deforoster, 1 arrow, or two arrow. Thanks for the help though.
The plot thickens :cool:
Any more help is appreciated.
Thanks =]
PS: I have seat heaters, but they don't really heat up like in my dads VW. Is this common? Is that what the mysterious plug is disconnected from? Is the world REALLY round...=]

·
Registered
803 Posts
That white thing is connected to your climate control. Unforutunately, it's broken and you need another one. WorldPac should have it. I forget what it's called, though.

·
Registered
21,583 Posts
Cliche` said:
That white thing is connected to your climate control. Unfortunately, it's broken and you need another one. WorldPac should have it. I forget what it's called, though. Its the infamous "toilet paper roll".[/QUOTE]
I swear, that is the name of the broken item,by now, there must be thousands of them broken.. or so it seems...due to the disortion from the HVAC box...and excessive forces being used to turn the control.

Use a mirror and a good LED light and the installation will be EZ.

Check our all the black spots that Saab and GM and VW have earned on the annual CU Automobile poll...

·
Super Moderator
3,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Haha, thank you. Well now that that's solved, anyone have any help on that connector this isn't attached to anything, and the fact that I have door speakers and no amp?!?!
Is it possible that the cutout's in the doors have the grill for the speakers but there really is no speaker?
Thanks
Tom

·
Registered
21,583 Posts
You have the 900S model,Tom, same as mine, a year newer.

Automobiles have so many models, options, markets, continual changes ... I need a program :cheesy: ..
Remove the speaker covers, then you will know for certain.
The unused connection may be for the amplifier for the door speakers.
A guess..

·
Super Moderator
3,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wait, so they would take the time to put speaker grills and cut outs in the doors and not put speakers there?
I'll check, but how do I get the mesh off.
Thanks

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
KaMiKaZi_t0M said:
Wait, so they would take the time to put speaker grills and cut outs in the doors and not put speakers there?
I'll check, but how do I get the mesh off.
Thanks
The door speakers are actually powered by the amp in the picture above. If you have an S model and no amp, then your car didn't come with door speakers. That's not to say that some kind soul didn't install them at some point over the last few years. Our 98 900SE had blown door speakers when I got it. I replaced them with aftermarket Sony's and removed the AMP since I was installing a powered Bazooka tube in the trunk. They are quite easy to install. The Sony Xplod speakers at Walmart fit nicely and sound pretty good with the 8" 250W Bazooka.

To get to them, just pull the door panels and run you some good speaker wire.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts