SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI im from Bolivia south america and i have the only saab in my city. i think that theres five or then saabs in all bolivia.
I have a saab 900 turbo 8 valve mod. 84 with APC. i will apriciate help to modify my apc box, my boost gauge actually only enter to 40% o 50% of the orange zone.
i serch on the net but i only find teawks for turbos 16v,
thanks.

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Hi welcome to SaabCentral ;)

The best website for APC mods is www.900aero.com you can do the T16 mods on a T8 they will work
I've been running a modified APC unit on my T8 for about 18 months now, by the way my daily runner APC is from a T16
I use my T8 APC unit for tests ;) ;)

HTH Paul

·
Registered
260 Posts
Hi there Chris,

Well it looks like you're in a pretty unique position. Welcome

40 - 50% orange. Looks like you're running on (high) base boost only, or a very lowwww base boost.

In the middle on top of your radiator, you see a sand color round valve with 3 hoses coming out and a electric connector.
Simple check to check the valve is to hit the brake with the power on (but engine not started/on). You should hear the valve klick. If not, the valve is stuck.

If you disconnect the electric connector, you run at base boost. Give full power in 3rd or 4rd gear and the needle should go approx 40 - 50% in the orange. If this is the case, your base boost is okay. If not, adjust your wast gate actuator.

Indeed 900aero.com is a good site. But before modding, besure your APC functions correctly.

Good luck
Blacky

1 - 3 of 3 Posts