SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I`m a newbie here and have a dilema I have a 1989 c900 t8, which I have modded the APC but now I have the chance to get an APC (red) from a carlson. will I have any problems in fitting it or will it plug straight in? will I need to uprate the head gasket? will I need to give it a good tune up after it is fitted? :cool:

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
The redbox is basicly a standard APC which has been adjusted to produce 10bhp more than the standard. You can adjust a blackbox to produce the same output as the redbox.

So to answer your question you don't need to do anything. Of course your tuning should be right as standard.

As for the T8 there is a weakness in the cylinderhead between cyl 2/3 the wall is thin there and running very high boost can damage the head. Best thing to keep tempertures down is a bigger intercooler and/or water injection.

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Hi turbonutter & welcome to Saab Central ;)

another T8 owner :cool: :cool: any pictures......

I totally agree with what John has said, why bother fitting a Redbox APC unit when you can tweek your standard box to more than the Redbox settings....

for more details look here..... www.900aero.com
as you need to keep temps down to protect the cylinder head the best way is to fit a volvo intercooler like this....

HTH Paul

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
Matthew said:
You might find that as you've modified your car's existing APC, the Red Box unit doesn't give further improvements.

If you're about to buy the Red Box APC, bear in min that modifying a Black APC to Red spec is cheaper.

Yes! but it does not look so good ;) ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts