SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really want to do the APC mod from 900aero.com. I'm just afraid I'll screw something up. The fact that complex electrical things intimidate me. Plus the instructions are a little vague, since from the sounds of it they dont really want just any ole person doing this mod. So can someone walk me through it in a sort of "APC mod for dummies" kind of fashion?

Thanks a bunch.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
65 looks no replies:x

It wasnt that dumb of a question...was it?:confused:

·
Registered
2,879 Posts
It really is easy, and you wont mess anything up. Replace one resistor for another resistor, dosn't matter which end goes where. Replace another resistor for a wire. Bam, you're done...
Daniel.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Whats the reccomended replacement method?
De-soldier and remove, or just cut out the important bits?

·
Registered
5,779 Posts
To do it clean, you'll want to use a desaultering iron or at least a desaultering bulb to get rid of all the old saulter. I suppose you could just clip the ends of the resistors that are in there and saulter the new ones onto there, but that just wouldn't be proper :D

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok, so as soon as I find out what a resistor is and where to get it I'll do this.:eek:

Hmm...maybe I'll find a more patient person to do this for me.:p

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Another thing. Is this APC mod going to lower my fuel economy, besides the obvious decrease do to a heavy right foot.:cheesy: I wasnt sure since you have to go to a 3 bar fuel regulator (right?)

Sorry, new to the whole turbo fuel injection stuff. Man, I did a frame swap on my cruiser but I'm afraid to do anything on the Saab because it seems so much more technical.

·
Registered
223 Posts
It will only lower the gas milage slightly when you are boosting, normal driving gas milage will remain the same. You should also think about getting a 3.0 bar fuel pressure regulator on ebay, it supplys additional fuel to about 15 psi, and gives noticibly more power. Overall it compliments the 900 aero mod nicely.

The mod is simpler than it seems, I was timid about it at first, but it was a piece of cake. Go for it :cheesy:

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Removing the old resistor is quite simple, heat the solder on the rear of the board while gently pulling the old resistor with a pair of pliers. Do that for both connectors then feed the ends of the new resistor through the holes in the board and re-solder.

Like you I was wary of doing this myself but took a deep breath and cracked on. It really is well worth the trouble.

With a 3 bar FPR I still average 33 MP(imperial)G.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts