SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
95 9000 Aero. Just had the turbo replaced. Working fine, two weeks. Didn't put many miles on it since replacement. Now the APC gague is stuck at base. It is going into boost because I can feel wastegate blowing off, just the gauge not reading and stuck at base? Hose came lose? Might have a little boost loss but I'm not going to press my luck. Considering the last disaster I had with the turbo.

·
Super Moderator
2,969 Posts
The 9000 boost gauge runs on vacuum opposed to the 900/9-3 ones that are electronic (adjust a signal from the MAP sensor). You most likely blew off the host from the fire wall. Most 9000's have a plastic T that the gauge is attached too, check that. The hose is ECO hose and deteriorates after 7 to 10 years or so.
Tom

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
Not sure on Aero's but, the same hose that supplies manifold pressure to the air by-pass (hooter?) valve also goes to the boost gauge.

It tee's off down under the throttle body. The hose that goes from the tee (and penetrates the firewall) is the signal to the turbocharger boost gauge.

Like KaMiKaZi_t0M says; they take a beating - loose their elasticity and break up/fall off.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
I was able to fix mine and I think it was chengny that suggested reaching in through the ACC hole. My rubber line had torn at the gauge. However, when mine was not working the needle was in the middle and I could hear the vacuum hissing. When I did the repair, I ran a new line through the access hole for the shifter cable. Put a T fitting in and hooked up a second calibrated gauge inside the little cubby box thingy so I could see the psi.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hoses..

Just a follow-up. It was a hose that came loose. ;oops:;oops:

But, for good measure, as suggested by several, I had all the hoses replaced. They were dry rot, or close to it. I still have a bit of a bucking problem if you're at 75-85 mph and you accelerate hard. But it's workable and I'll keep an eye on it. Thanks for the suggestions! This is a great group.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts