SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi im mark i am new to this forums ,am 18 years old. proud owner of my second saab 900 turbo 16V...

I recentrly added a BOV..(a Big one) so my hood wouldnt shut so i took the hood off...stupid me i didnt know it was gonna rain...so it did and the APC got wet because i didnt put the top plastic on it because i was tuning it..so this morning i went to crank it and it wasnt boosting at all...i check the fuse but the fuse was fine...anything i should be looking at or is it for sure that the APC is fryed?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Hi im mark i am new to this forums ,am 18 years old. proud owner of my second saab 900 turbo 16V...

I recentrly added a BOV..(a Big one) so my hood wouldnt shut so i took the hood off...stupid me i didnt know it was gonna rain...so it did and the APC got wet because i didnt put the top plastic on it because i was tuning it..so this morning i went to crank it and it wasnt boosting at all...i check the fuse but the fuse was fine...anything i should be looking at or is it for sure that the APC is fryed?
you can't close your hood because of a dump valve?
How freakin' huge is it?

sorry, but don't know how to tell if that box is borked.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
it didnt boost to the red!....its fixed now i guess the metal wasnt touchin meta...? apperantly i needs ground...its all goo now...and yes the BOV is really big and wide...its loud to! very.Lol

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
You may start to have problems with your car stalling now. the 2.4 lh system whcih i believe 91 turbos have are very fussy when it comes to losing air, aka through a atmospheric valve. You will go to shift coming off of high boost and the car will stall. Or when you start to come to a stop, the car will stall. The car measures the air in a particular way so with that BOV it may not want to stay running after boost. Just a bit of information if your car has the 2.4 lh system

·
Registered
450 Posts
So you're going to drive around without a hood? What are you going to do next time it rains?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well im trying to get another pipe to relocate it so i can shut my hood...but its fun to ride without a hood 1) u get an instant notice by people that u are turbocharged for sure. 2) the BOV scares the crap out of blondies..next time it rains im all set with my jetski cover! im sure it will cover it

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Well most people allready suspect its turbo charged just for the fact its a saab. And it probably has a turbo badge on it in a few places. And two what if it starts to rain when yoru driving down the road? Pretty screwed then. Also the hood is a very important part of the front impact zone if you get into a crash.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts