SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a Tech 2 with NG900 software that is near Northern AL. I am near Huntsville. My ignition switch went bad and somehow in the process of not letting partial or no current come through Terminal 15, it has turned on my airbag SRS light. It has never been on before this. I would like to reset it as I have researched and found that once the airbag module sets a code even if the problem is corrected, you have to reset it with a Tech 2. This big red triangle in front of me is annoying. You can message me or leave me a text or VM at 256 347 9262. Alternatively, can anyone 100% confirm that if I replace the module with a good one with no previously stored codes, that should also solve the problem. Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
18,380 Posts
I can confirm that a module replacement will fix the issue, assuming the donor had no status set AND that you don't actually have another issue resident. Disconnect the battery before swapping anything (and have your radio code on hand in an NG900).

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Replacing the module with a known good one with no stored codes did the trick. Airbag light functioning normally again. Couldn't find anyone with Tech 2 nearby with NG900 software. I've got another module on the way for my 94 NG900. The airbag light has been on since I bought it in 2011, so it's worth a try to see if it's a similar issue. Thanks for the help.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts