SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11,030 Posts
That link doesn't work. Anything that involves tapping into the Saab's T7 software is almost certain to throw Check Engine Lights all over the place. The reason we spend $800-900 for an ECU is that it gives a 60bhp increase, and its the only safe way to modify the 9-5.

·
Registered
5,641 Posts
try www.nextlevelracing.com and I agree with Kermit. These things work by richening the fuel mixture and the T7 will be trying to lean it out at the same time. It'll throw a CEL for sure.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Kermit, just a guess but I think he just left out a "t" on that link

www.nextlevelracing.com

But I do completely agree with Kermit. Its better to spend the money, and be completely happy with your power increase rather than spend less money and mess up the T7.

Kermit said:
That link doesn't work. Anything that involves tapping into the Saab's T7 software is almost certain to throw Check Engine Lights all over the place. The reason we spend $800-900 for an ECU is that it gives a 60bhp increase, and its the only safe way to modify the 9-5.

·
Banned
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am happy that you guys have an extra 8-900 dollars laying around. I don't have that luxury! I am trying to do a cheap mod.

·
Registered
11,030 Posts
Hey sorry about that fella, but there are rarely any cheap mods out there for a Saab. I've just saved you $140 for a device that won't work on a Saab. :nono;

G

·
The Tri-Phase Performance Module
The Tri-Phase is our flagship module, providing maximum power gains up to 20 horsepower and 15 lb/ft of torque, as well as improvements in shift speed and throttle response. This module features multiple settings for normal driving, racing, and of course, an off setting for emissions testing. The Tri-Phase is an extremely versatile module that allows the user to customize it to their preferences or situation requirements. Installation is fast and simple, and the Tri-Phase is hand-built to the same high quality standards as it's counterparts. All Tri-Phase modules now also include an 8-foot In-Cabin wiring harness (not pictured) for even greater versatility.

Hi Vardar, these little resistor boxes really arnt compatible with the Trionic 7 management system that you have in your car. You see similar products on Ebay very cheaply, but you run the risk of really damaging your car. :( Alas there really isnt a cheap way to make your Saab a performance monster. Save up your pennies and go for the BSR PPC unit. It really is great value for the money and your car will like it too :cheesy:

·
Banned
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you for your advice! I am taking it and running with it. I will not buy that crap!

I was wondering, since Kermit just saved me $140, can you please wire me $800 cash so I can buy the BSR upgrade? This way you'll save me a $800! Yay! you will be more excited! :lol:

Anyways, Finn sent me a reply about 3" air something that I have no idea about till I upgrade the ECU.
Can you guys help me locate it online so, I can buy it?

Thank you

1 - 9 of 9 Posts