SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone given this stuff a shot?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0057ZQ9ZI/ref=noref?ie=UTF8&s=automotive&psc=1

I know people have done the carbon fiber, but that's not my thing. This stuff reminds me of the Hirsch dashboard. The graining is off from the seats but looks close enough to the soft smooth leather of the hirsch kit. I didn't even know they made stuff like this, so I figured I'd share.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
I haven't, but you can always try it out for us ;)

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Never tried it but I think it might look like what it is, fake leather.
Yeah, that's my fear. My dash has begun to peel so I painted it, but a, not quite happy with it. The hirsch leather bezel isn't quite an option given the price. One thing I dont want to do is ruin the integrity of my car.

I haven't, but you can always try it out for us ;)
I'm contemplating, but see the above comment.

Why not go for the snake skin?

I lol'd.

·
Registered
308 Posts
I had been giving some thought to trying to refinish my door handles with a material like this. It would depend on how thick the material is though. the grain seems to match the door panels on my 03.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I had been giving some thought to trying to refinish my door handles with a material like this. It would depend on how thick the material is though. the grain seems to match the door panels on my 03.
I think I'm going to avoid the vinyl leather, but am going to look into the matte black. SwedishChef has has a lot of success with it and in the FS forum he has pics of door handles in the matte black. I'm going to try krylon fusion flat black first and if that does t look up to my standards, I'll certainly be wrapping it.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Found this at A.C. Moore (craft store) yesterday:

8.5x11 piece of leather cowhide suede. The grain of the leather matches the door panels and I'd rather do real leather than vinyl. They're about $9 each but the store runs coupons every week for 40% off an item. May pick one up just to see how it would fit or if it would look foolish on the door handle. Anything will probably look better than the peeling though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts