SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried to install some turn signal LED's to no avail due to the stock flasher unit seing the leds as being too low voltage and causing it to flash quickly. I`ve looked into resistor's but first of all I don't know which one to get, and secondly.. there is no room to put it safely.

Anyone here every successfuly installed front or back turn signal LED's??:confused:

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Linear Thinker said:
I tried to install some turn signal LED's to no avail due to the stock flasher unit seing the leds as being too low voltage and causing it to flash quickly. I`ve looked into resistor's but first of all I don't know which one to get, and secondly.. there is no room to put it safely.

Anyone here every successfuly installed front or back turn signal LED's??:confused:
This is only going to work if you install an led flasher and/or load equalizer(resistor) to match the regular bulb's resistance. Everything you need should be here: http://autolumination.com/equalizers.htm

Be advised that since your brake light lenses are translucent, you will need to be sure and get a RED led bulb unit; the more led's on it the better. Your red brake light housing lens will filter most of the visible light out of a white LED and it will be pretty dim, which is dangerous needless to say.

For the brake lights I would get a red LED bulb from here: http://autolumination.com/1156_1157.htm, the more led's the better. If you don't already have some suitable turn signal bulbs you should be able to find them on that same page, in white or amber or whatever you want....

Cheers.

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
You can´t mount a LED Flasher in a 9-5 ,as the turn signal is switched by the TWICE Ecu - not a regular flasher relay. You need to use resistors if you want to do this.

·
Registered
809 Posts
I'm with LED park lights and number plate lights-not better,just different.:lol:

·
Registered
26 Posts
led

hi they have used led in motorcycle indicator for years they are 12v may have some sort of relay or box of tricks you can use

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
DoctorPhill said:
I'm with LED park lights and number plate lights-not better,just different.:lol:
DoctorPhil you're across the pond from us Stateside blokes, so don't you have clear (w/ the grey insert) corners w/ singlefilament bulbs installed in there? When I ordered my Euro corners they came with single-filament bulbs and the new socket to match. At first I was pi$$ed because we use dual filament bulbs here; the corners are lit up constantly when the parking lights are on and then the second filament blinks when the turn signal is engaged. I swapped sockets and plugged the Euro one into the lighting harness and I actually love the fact now that my corners only blink and don't burn constantly. That way I have a clean look in the front with my HID's and XenoMatch foglight bulbs. Cheers.

·
Registered
809 Posts
:cheesy:Yup,from our pondside parklights are only inside main unit.Our cornering lights are clear with one wire only.
I prefer LEDs,because HIDs are white/blue and original 5W lamp stay ugly yellow .Repeater lamp are with silver-white bulbs,which glow orange-you know this kind.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
For the rear tailight/brake light.. they're all held in one big housing.. all 3 bulbs.. the turn signal and the tailight/brake light. Do I need 1 resistor since they are all in the same housing or do I need a resistor per?

I will take a look tomorow but if I am not mistaken there is only 2 wires that go to the housing which in theory means only one resistor. Can anyone confirm this?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts