SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
I think you are going to have to find a bettle and take some measurements. It will be pure luck if it fits. Also the curve on the holder will not likely match the headliner and the colour will be different.

Looks like a cool thing. That handle above the driver is fairly useless unless you require a handle to help in getting out of the car.

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
Does look like a good idea, safer than the area below the ashtray, especially if, like me, you're too lazy to put them in a case first.

Steve

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok, so whats the secret to getting the covers off the end of the grab handles?? I took my favorite trim removal tools and got too close to what seemed like breakage for my own comfort....

Will get those off and measure.

Mike

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
An update...

The Beetle/B5 sunglass holder measures 6.7" screw to screw, which roughly lines up with the 9-3 grab handle..

I removed the handle and found that Saab did something I've never see before.. the handle sides push in, rather than screw in, creating a friction/expandion lock... so there are no screws...

just 2 square holes...

3 thoughts come to mind...

a) a very long shot that the "posts" on the back of the sunglass holder would fit into these holes...

b) Could potentially find something to feed into the square holes that has a screw-hole for the holder to grab onto.. but that sounds like a dropped piece of metal inside the frame rattle trap from hell waiting to happen there :)

c) considering there really would be little force applied to the holder, heck you could just screw it to the (interior) frame anyway (next to the existing cut square holes.. not the outside frame)... but I tend to prefer reversible mods...

any other ideas on how to attach to the existing square cut-outs? (maybe some flavor of moly-bolt?)

Mike

1 - 6 of 6 Posts