SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Every car made after 1990 something has OBD-II. As for those stupid tuning chips you find on ebay, no they do not work. You need to get a tune from one of the following companies; BSR, JZW, Vtuner, Maptun, Nordic, Brewcityboost. I may have missed one, but those are the companies that offer tuning for our generation of saab. Those ebay things are simply a scam, do not waste your money on them.

·
Registered
2,360 Posts

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
It is under your steering wheel on the right side. The chip you linked to stated in their description that they are not for use on 'Turbo' cars, of which yours is. Save your money and get a valid tune for some of the recommended tuner's the people use here.;ol;

·
Registered
4,509 Posts
Fail.... Every car from 1996 and on has an obd2 port and get a real tune get off of ebay

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Hey there. Just asking around to see if anyone knows if a 2007 9-3 has a OBD2 port.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mazda-6-Stage-3-Performance-Chip-Fuel-Racing-Engine-Speed-True-Plug-n-Play-/251086237947?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3a75e7f0fb&vxp=mtr#ht_14208wt_1226

Thats what I'm looking at throwing into my Saab.

Thanks
You need to spend a little bit of time on here and elarn a few things before you go wasting your money on gimicks. Seriously, buying these little cheap things just takes away from the real tuning and modding funds...which eventually you'll figure out is the only thing that will work....but if you won't learn I've got a magic unicorn that will give you +50 HP I'd be willing to sell you for a real bargain.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah still learning I kno. But if I dont know. I might as well ask right? But u guys are hillarious. Id do the same thing. No hard feelings. Hahaha

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Yeah still learning I kno. But if I dont know. I might as well ask right? But u guys are hillarious. Id do the same thing. No hard feelings. Hahaha
lol. check out kalecoauto.com for similar products :cheesy:

·
Registered
4,509 Posts
I can't help being mean sometimes sorry lol
There's a lot to be learned, take your time before diving into mods to learn everything and you'll appreciate all the options you actually have

Use the search function, i just picked up an old classic 900 turbo... i know everything about these old saabs now because i searched and read.... and read... and read.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I can't help being mean sometimes sorry lol
There's a lot to be learned, take your time before diving into mods to learn everything and you'll appreciate all the options you actually have

Use the search function, i just picked up an old classic 900 turbo... i know everything about these old saabs now because i searched and read.... and read... and read.
Thank u.

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
I like you, I think you're taking our ridiculous sarcasm better than any other new comer I've seen. If you ever have any specific questions and search doesn't work out, just PM me and I'll see if I can point you in the right direction. Here are some fundamentals: Stage 1 tune is the best bang for your buck, get it from a reputable tuner referred to on this site (Vtuner, Maptun, JZW, BSR, Nordic, Hirsch and our newest tuner Brew City Boost/BCB). BUT since you already have a downpipe (are you sure of this? was the stock cat removed? Post a picture of your exhaust if you get a chance) scratch the stage 1 point and go right to stage 3 JZW, BCB or NOrdic. Vtuner stage 0 would also work but I'm not sure of the gains with the downpipe, he actually tuens for stock exhaust but I believe his tunes adjust to match power mods. Maptun will give you a hard time because you didn't buy their products, which are excellent quality but on the expensive side. Keep in mind that if you have a manual transmission, your stock clutch will inevitably be murdered at some point by a tune.

·
Registered
82 Posts
One useful thing you CAN do with your freshly found OBDII port is purchase a bluetooth ELM327 adapter for under 20$ on ebay and install Torque on your iphone or android phone, or tablet.;ol;

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I like you, I think you're taking our ridiculous sarcasm better than any other new comer I've seen. If you ever have any specific questions and search doesn't work out, just PM me and I'll see if I can point you in the right direction. Here are some fundamentals: Stage 1 tune is the best bang for your buck, get it from a reputable tuner referred to on this site (Vtuner, Maptun, JZW, BSR, Nordic, Hirsch and our newest tuner Brew City Boost/BCB). BUT since you already have a downpipe (are you sure of this? was the stock cat removed? Post a picture of your exhaust if you get a chance) scratch the stage 1 point and go right to stage 3 JZW, BCB or NOrdic. Vtuner stage 0 would also work but I'm not sure of the gains with the downpipe, he actually tuens for stock exhaust but I believe his tunes adjust to match power mods. Maptun will give you a hard time because you didn't buy their products, which are excellent quality but on the expensive side. Keep in mind that if you have a manual transmission, your stock clutch will inevitably be murdered at some point by a tune.
Hey. I know u guys are just having fun. And thank u for that. Keeping it light is always better than screaming down each others throats. Um yeah the cat has been removed. I have a pretty good muffler/exhaust dude I got to. If he cant get it. He makes it himself. Stand up guy too. I always throw business his way.

So prob looking at the stage 3 JZW. I gotta save some doe first. Im stuck between wanting to throw one of these in. Or tackling the ****ty stock cd player. Which I hope to change to a nice 6.1 dvd and navigation piece. Already chrome out most of my interior and changed all the lights to super crazy bright blue Leds. And by chromed out. My friends dad owns CLOUDRIDER DESIGNS. Which is like one of the biggest makers or front grills and mud flaps. He actually has the contract with ford chevy and dodge.

Anyways. He has his own chroming machine. His dad actually bought the one that chromed R2D2 and C3P0. Too much money in that family. So I have dipped a few of my interior things into it. Looks so much better than painting them.

So blah blah blah. I went on a tangent. Take care and thnks for your help with everything.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Already chrome out most of my interior and changed all the lights to super crazy bright blue Leds.
oh no. not my cup of tea, but beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Your opinion is all that really matters.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
oh no. not my cup of tea, but beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Your opinion is all that really matters.
True. I love em. The bulbs I really wanna change are those two tiny ones in the front headlights. But how in the hell do u even get to them? Lol u know which ones Im talking about. Right in the corner. Both in the middle. If I coukd get those out. I would be a very happy man. But my hands r too big to fit in there. Sucks!!!

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Just pull on them they'll come out. Mine aren't in anymore. I pulled the bulbs and then stuck them back into the holes to make sure moisture didn't get in. Basically it's just a lot of hand contorsion and scrapes. They're called city lights.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Just pull on them they'll come out. Mine aren't in anymore. I pulled the bulbs and then stuck them back into the holes to make sure moisture didn't get in. Basically it's just a lot of hand contorsion and scrapes. They're called city lights.
Id call them ****ty lights alright. They are insanely ugly next to my 10000k HIDs. Lol

But thanks for the tip. Gonna pull em out asap.

You dont know about stopping the flashing of the leds do u? I have an awesome pair of back up lights. But I cant use them due to when Im driving regular they flash all the time. Acting like they are burnt out. I understand because thet are not drawing enough power because they r leds which dont even use 1 watt. But is there like resistors u can buy to put in line to stop the flashing?

·
Registered
61 Posts
I stuck amber LEDs in the city lights. They project light forward so it doesn't fill the headlamp housing. The amber light that does go into the housing blends with my 6000K HIDs to make a more purple color in the headlamp. The overall result is a more defined projector from the HIDs and a very narrow beam of amber. Plus they strobe when my car is unlocked so I never forget to lock it up.

If you go to superbrightleds.com you can get any color 194 led that you want. Also for extra rice put in the color changing 194 leds from autozone.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks. Yeah Im not even sure what I wanna go with yet. If I put in blue they will be too blue compared to my HIDS. If I put in white. They will be too white. Wonder if I should just do purple for ****s and giggles. Did u find it hard to get them out? A homie on here was sayi g they r pretty easy to take out. Jusy pull.

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
ha they're not easy by any means, but you do just pull on them, I thought I was going to break something. It's really hard to get to on the driver's side headlight. And I think I mispoke, i didn't actually plug them back in, since the dust cover already seals the entire housing it's not necessary. I mean, it's a little hack but hey whatever.

Please don't put purple lights in, remember, every saab on the road is like a memorial now, let's not deface the only objects that are left of the saab legacy ;)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts