SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi- Wondering if there is anyone interested in a swap. PM me. Thanks. I see saab catelog has them for 60 bucks before shipping. fml. Trying to add more black to my '04 9-3

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
good point on the shipping. Assume shipping wouldn't cost $75USD but they are decent length. I could care less about the lights actually working since w/ the e-code strip the light get tucked behind them anyhow.

·
Registered
542 Posts
good point on the shipping. Assume shipping wouldn't cost $75USD but they are decent length. I could care less about the lights actually working since w/ the e-code strip the light get tucked behind them anyhow.
I mean they wouldn't work for the person who gets your strips. I have the e-codes, and yes you can zip tie them in and forget about them, but I don't think there are lights waiting for orange reflectors in a euro version.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
damnit, I'm going to have to buy the genuinesaab ones. I might first try painting that amber light but assume it will look like dog s***. I know euro people like the amber look even though there wouldn't be light coming through. They don't sell the 9-3 over there w/ amber on the strip. Some people actually like the amber.

·
Registered
542 Posts
People have painted them with fair results, but it isn't the same as e-codes. I think someone even used carbon fiber wrap, which was cool because the wrap is cool, but it was still odd - similar to painting it becomes a "so what is that supposed to be?"

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm saving for the e-codes. It's more of a personal preference. Thanks for everyones replys. I'll get some before and after pics up of my whole ride. Going to black out some of my external trim so it matches my black car and black wheels. This is going to be a PITA.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I would realy like the strips with the amber lenses in them if any body has any going spare and the bulb holders if its not asking to much , I can pay shipping if its reasonable. I live near edinburgh, Scotland for shipping quotes. I will just make up small looms for the bulbs to make them functional ;ol;

·
Registered
4,205 Posts
I would realy like the strips with the amber lenses in them if any body has any going spare and the bulb holders if its not asking to much , I can pay shipping if its reasonable. I live near edinburgh, Scotland for shipping quotes. I will just make up small looms for the bulbs to make them functional ;ol;
Lol I did not expect someone to want to trade. To the OP if this doesn't work out then try some plastic paint, it isn't bad at all.

·
Registered
521 Posts
The shipping prices are way too ridiculous for it to even be worth it. UPS quoted it at around $90, cheapest is probably around $60, which is the price of them new.

·
Registered
368 Posts
I mean they wouldn't work for the person who gets your strips. I have the e-codes, and yes you can zip tie them in and forget about them, but I don't think there are lights waiting for orange reflectors in a euro version.
It is fairly easy to make the sidemarkers work on a euro-version. You can take the power from the parking lights.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
this forum is ah niccccce

The swap is on. I received a PM from someone over seas and he is sending me his e-codes (in route now) for my amber strips. And to all you negative trollers. :nono;HATERS GON HATE!

·
Registered
179 Posts
I'm going black on black on my Aero Convertible, to deal with the bumper strips I am going to tint them. Much less expensive, and keeps the function of the strip without the orange.
I'll be doing the same with my rear lights.

Just a thought.

·
Registered
521 Posts
The swap is on. I received a PM from someone over seas and he is sending me his e-codes (in route now) for my amber strips. And to all you negative trollers. :nono;HATERS GON HATE!
how much is the shipping?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.