SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys, Girls,

My first posting on this great forum (I normally reside on saabforum.nl) is about the workshopmanual for the 900 MY93 SRS system. I have copies of Bently's, Haynes and others but none of them is in detail about faultfinding the 900's SRS system.

I'm lucky enough to temporary own a Saab SRS tester which comes up with the error: 00:00:09:L, FS1 leakage to ground. However, the french manual that came up with tester is like magic to me.

So my question is, does anyone holds a english copy of the 900 MY93 SRS system workshopmanual? I appriciate your private message.

Much regards,

Robert/NL

·
Registered
13,277 Posts
FS1 translates to Front Sensor 1.
I don't remember whether the Left or Right Sensor is FS1, but you can tell by disconnecting one of them and reading the resulting fault.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Jim,

It's indeed related to the left-sensor. BTW it can be easily diagnosed without the SRS tester by comparing the electrical resistance (Ohm) between the two sensors. There are 3 pins per sensor, the outer ones are having the same resistance, the middle one is "0".

If one the two is different, you've got one of the two failing. However my technical english is not good enough to exactly explain how to measure this with a voltage meter.

I had my FS1 (left sensor) replaced and the SRS unit did not need a reset, the SRS light switched off after the selftest.

Hope this posting helps others to resolve SRS lights. It's much easier to diagnose then the airbag steeringwheel ring. Please do follow the usual safety precautions by disconnecting the battery for at least 30 minutes.

Regards,

Robert/NL

·
Registered
13,277 Posts
At SRS school, we were instructed to never use an ohmmeter on the SRS system; the small voltage applied by the meter's battery could trigger the Airbag. Also avoid using a Voltmeter on a live system.
It couldn't hurt on a disconnected G-Force Sensor, but neither could it detect an intermittent fault.
Without a thorough knowledge of the whole system, avoid poking around at the wiring with a meter. You'll need the SRS tester to reset it anyway.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
At SRS school, we were instructed to never use an ohmmeter on the SRS system; the small voltage applied by the meter's battery could trigger the Airbag. Also avoid using a Voltmeter on a live system.
i was instructed exactly the same thing. :nono;
and besides that if you are actually trying to test the detonator/deployer it wont usually yield the correct result as there is short pins in most of the connectors for them, to prevent accidental deployment.

·
Registered
18,382 Posts
I actually have a PDF version of English SRS system but it seems you got it figured out

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It couldn't hurt on a disconnected G-Force Sensor, but neither could it detect an intermittent fault.
Without a thorough knowledge of the whole system, avoid poking around at the wiring with a meter. You'll need the SRS tester to reset it anyway.
in my case I had the sensors disconnected so the voltage meter couldn't trigger the airbag. ofcourse taking all safety precautions first.

/rw

1 - 7 of 7 Posts