SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've got mine on the way as we speak and I want to replace those exhaust tips for something that will fit the maptun diffuser.

I don't know crap about exhaust tips so what size will I need to replace those giant exhaust tips?

What is the BSR exhaust tip's length at the widest point? 2x85/150 makes me think its 150mm WIDE. Please tell me I'm wrong.. :(

http://www.jegs.com/i/Magnaflow/642/35136/10002/-1?parentProductId=

Would these tips be compatible?

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
The BSR tips are 4 inches in diameter I believe. Same as maptuns exhaust tips. 4 inches seems to be the norm for aftermarket exhausts on the 9-3. My ferrita system has 4 inch tips. Your biggest concern will be how far they stick out past the diffuser. I had to cut the stalks to the muffler nearly 2 inches, and the pipes on the tips another inch to get them to factory position. They stick out really far if you do nothing about them

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
The tips should be 100mm wide, BSR's page says they are 100mm tips which is 4 inchs diameter. The tips themselves on the BSR I believe are welded straight onto the mufflers. Maptun tips are also 4 inches so they will fit under their diffuser as intended. I wouldnt spend the money on new tips since the ones you posted will be just about the exact same as what is already comes

1 - 4 of 4 Posts