SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed some channels in the door pockets of my 2001 9-3 and found they're for an extra cup holder/CD holder. Recommended? Anyone know a US source?

·
Registered
10,597 Posts
Taliaferro Saab sells them for $21.00 each. They're nice to have, and they've come in very handy lots of times, but I'd hesitate to recommend them at that price. They're so rare on any car in the US, since they were only a European-market accessory, that the chances of finding one in a junkyard or even on eBay are slim to none.

·
Registered
21,583 Posts
An alternative to the missing cup holder is the mounting of an inexpesive generic holder on the tunnel, passenger side.
This works well in the '96 900S, even if some may consider this to be "red-neckish.:cheesy:
My take - ;oops:cheap car;oops: -- cheap solution:cool:.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Taliaferro Saab sells them for $21.00 each. They're nice to have, and they've come in very handy lots of times, but I'd hesitate to recommend them at that price. They're so rare on any car in the US, since they were only a European-market accessory, that the chances of finding one in a junkyard or even on eBay are slim to none.

I bought those cup holders. Then promptly took them out, placed them on the ground and jumped up and down on them. Reason, cup holders on the door have always been stupid, shut the door and it sloshes your beverage out unless it's in a capped bottle. In my case on my pants when I was suppose to be going to a wedding. Just something to consider.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts