SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,467 Posts
frank21_1981 said:
i have an 06 aero color grey and i noticed the paint where the front spoiler/ground effects connect to the car is flaking and pealing anyone else experience this?
Post pictures of the area where its flaking.

1. Did you buy the car new or used?
2. Was the car in an accident?
3. Any modifications or changes to the area?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
DanS said:
Post pictures of the area where its flaking.

1. Did you buy the car new or used?
2. Was the car in an accident?
3. Any modifications or changes to the area?
1. USED with 12k miles
2. Do not think so but cannot be sure
3. no mods at all

·
Registered
302 Posts
Factory paint rarely peels. Front spoilers on 9-3 Aero's (and non-aero's, too) pretty much all get scraped up at some point (degree of severity differs), I'd vote for poor body repair leading to peeling paint.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
do u think warranty would cover this could they tell if it was touch up or respray should i just play dumb and see if they will cover it under warranty

·
Registered
302 Posts
frank21_1981 said:
do u think warranty would cover this could they tell if it was touch up or respray should i just play dumb and see if they will cover it under warranty
I doubt it. The factory rep has to approve perforation and paint defects and they'll be able to tell if it's been sprayed. So first you'll have to convince the service advisor, then the service manager, then the factory rep. Frankly, I doubt you'd get through step 1.

·
Registered
2,467 Posts
frank21_1981 said:
You might get it covered if you bought it from a Saab dealer. Otherwise it is doubtful.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
is there a chance that it is factory paint, anyway to tell, i do not know if it was ever repainted as it was bought used but I really do not think it was

1 - 9 of 9 Posts