SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
ok, over a year ago, i did my breaks myself, i put on EBC rotors, they are slotted and dimpled, and ebc brake pads. since then, my car vibrates when i brake, the harder i brake, the more it vibrates. here are a bunch of things that could be involved

1. front wheels are bent up slightly

2. rotors are not warped, have checked

3. went through a set of the ebc brake pads in about 10k

4. right side tire wears more than the left side, but brakes wear about the same

5. right tire seems to have slighly too much toe out

6. on right tire, top of the inside pad and bottom of right side pad were worn more

7. i made sure to lube up the the calipers on both sides the second time i did the brakes.

8. ive also bled the brake fluid.

9. also, without braking, at high speeds like 70+, there is a slight vibration when driving regularly.

10. alignment off to the right a bit.

11. when i get up to around 90-100, then brake, it will vibrate kinda hard, and make a loud moaning sound with it, also seem sthat when i get up around 100, if i coast down to a slower speed like 40 or 50, when i press on the brakes, it will vibrate alot more then normal at 40 of 50 without getting to 100 first.
these are some things to help diagnose it, i am going to swap the back wheels to the front because they are not bent up as much. Does anyone know how to fix a problem with too much toe out on the right tire? right now i have the car up on jack stands and am planning on doing a fair amount of work to find the source of the problem. So if anyone has any ideas about what things could cause this, i.e. suspension or the toe out, and how to try and fix them, i would appreciate it very much.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
This is way over my head but do you want to try going back to stock and see if it made the difference?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well, i believe that would stop the vibration, but i think that would be more masking the problem. the stock would not be dimpled or slotted, which i believe is whats causing the vibration, so if it is a toe out problem, the tire would still be toed out too much, but just wouldnt vibrate because of flat rotors. also, i dont want to have to buy a new set of rotors.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Why would going back to stock, eliminated the vibrations masking the problem. That would prove your slotted and dimpled rotors ARE the problem. If you chucked the flat rotors already, you can't go back now. It'd be an experiment too expensive to do.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
if the problem is the wheel being too angled, then the pads are uneven on the rotor, so the slots and dimpless may be hitting it wrong. I believe if i went back to stock, since they are flat, it wouldnt cause vibration at an angle because its not dimpled or slotted. So if there is a problem with something like suspension or busings, it may be something that could have a bigger problem down the line, thus if i get flat ones, i may not be looking for something else that could be wrong. My other rotors were done, metal on metal grinding.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts