SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone got those wheels with pics? i really like how they look.

i just got a nice amount of money and really want to get suspensions/wheels. the saab picture is an obvious photoshop but looks soooo nice

·
Registered
667 Posts
Damn dude dont get the 15 spokers. I hate the way those look on the 9-3SS. 15, just doesnt fit in my opinion, I dont know what it is about them.

·
Registered
11,140 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Mike,

Call me "piccy", but the pictures are all of 18 spoke wheels and bigger than 17", IMHO. My favourite wheels are the ALU50s.

Spinner

Attachments

·
Registered
667 Posts
mike saunders said:
Uhh, sure they might be nice, but they are ugly in my opinion. I like space in my wheels. I hate the excessive spokes.

Spinner said:
Mike,

Call me "piccy", but the pictures are all of 18 spoke wheels and bigger than 17", IMHO. My favourite wheels are the ALU50s.

Spinner
I agree, those are the best looking Saab wheels. Although these are nice as well.

Theres more here... http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2087265

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
These have got to be the nicest OEM wheels to date. Only available in Europe though as un upgrade on the 2.8v6t Aero...

These are pretty sharp too..

·
Registered
867 Posts
Dave N said:
Dont forget to put a stocking over your head before robbing the bank to pay for them! have you seen the price!!!!
Aye...and second hand these are like the venus de milo's arms...you can't find them for love or money. Tbh, I need dust free pads first - I'm trying to get my dealer to replace them under warranty :eek:.

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
JWLANKY said:
These have got to be the nicest OEM wheels to date. Only available in Europe though as un upgrade on the 2.8v6t Aero...

These are pretty sharp too..
You can get those on Ebay all the time, they are just a smaller offset because they were meant for the 9-5. They're the same wheels I think.

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Automaggot said:
You can get those on Ebay all the time, they are just a smaller offset because they were meant for the 9-5. They're the same wheels I think.
No the old 9-5 wheels are 17", these are 18" and have been sharpened up a bit.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Here's a pic of mine. I actually like them quite a bit (even if they are a PITA to clean). Makes it just a bit different from all the others on the road. If you want to see them in person (since we are probably not far from one another), let me know.

·
Registered
11,140 Posts
Karnifex said:
Uhh, sure they might be nice, but they are ugly in my opinion. I like space in my wheels. I hate the excessive spokes.

Theres more here... http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2087265
I'm more about go than show, but I can understand why you think they're ugly. Many thin spokes makes for a stronger, lighter wheel than a few big spokes, and concentrates the mass of the wheel toward the hub, where you want it. To make up for the lack of spokes, most 5-spoked wheels have thicker rims to compensate, but that increases the rotational mass, and makes your car slower.

There are some 5-spoke racing wheels out there, but those are definitely not recommended for everyday driving.

Those wheels you posted look pretty nice on the Jettas and Passats I've seen them on. I bet they're probably easy to clean.

·
Registered
11,140 Posts
Spinner said:
Mike,

Spinner
The double 5-spokes are really pretty nice. They're among the lightest stock wheels, too..

The DTM wheels are 15 or 18 spoke and usually 17" or 18." The Saab BBS ones are styled like those, but aren't exact copies, to be sure....

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
ScoopSS said:
wow...that looks nice! are they 17s?
Yes, they are 17s.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts