SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
they would consider throwing my way for a few dollars? Perhaps you've removed one (before it started leaking like mine) to put on an aftermarket one.

I want to get a turbo xs BOV, but downpayment on the new apartment and student loan payments come first. I just want to be able to consistently run full stock boost again.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, and I promise I won't shaft you (I can mail you a money order first). If you have one you're willing to sell, email me with your asking price at [email protected].

Thanks, all!

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Assuming you subscribe to threads, I have my original viggen BPV.
I think they go for ~$50 new... I'll let it go for 1/2 price....

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
I'd do the same for price, but mine isn't a Vig one. I'm not sure of the differences though. There are some guys from PA around here. This might make more sense as you wouldn't have to pay to ship it.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Same here, I the viggen one. I'd let it go for $25 + shipping would be like $5. It is fairly new. I think the difference between the viggen and the regular bypass valve is that the viggen is rated for up to @20psi.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Thanks for replies!

It would be awesome to pick up a Viggen BPV, especially since that increased psi rating would mean i could possibly get an mbc+a down the road without buying an expensive BOV.

I agree that finding a seller in PA would be better, to save on shipping and to meet a fellow Saab enthusiast. However, USPS is pretty cheap and I wouldn't mind paying shipping from Mass or Ohio. If shipping is say, $10, I would consider $35 a very reasonable combined price to prevent my leaking boost pressure.

(P.S.) USPS.com has a shipping fee calculator, and I will try to figure out the price of shipping a BPV after finding out the weight.

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
You could probably fit it in a big manila envelope with some packing.

·
Registered
11,140 Posts
The thing weighs maybe 8 oz. tops, maybe a little more with the hose attached, so shipping shouldn't be too much.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
'eh
I'm not going to get into a pricing war with everyone.
if you'd like mine, PM me and we can arrange shipping.
I have thursday and Friday off, and I'll send it out while I'm running errands.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts