SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else been getting a popup for "Norton" and Update Flash Player when trying to access this site? Happens on multiple pages when I navigate the site. Probably just my machine. Stay safe out there everyone :)

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When I am on here I got about 3 or 4 different pop-ups, 3 in 5 minutes, now
Yes every time for me too. Are they the same lame "Update Flash" or "Norton" ones I'm getting for you? And I get them only on this site, I'm surfing right now and it only happens here. Would that make it a SaabCentral issue? Or is it a virus targeting this site?

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Logged back in with Firefox, all appears well. Was using Microsoft Edge. I got re-directed 4 times trying to write my prior post.

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
I would think a site issue or some kind of exploit that hijacks certain browsers. Yea, same ones I got, only here, no where else.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Logged back in with Firefox, all appears well. Was using Microsoft Edge. I got re-directed 4 times trying to write my prior post.
I guess I will have to try FF as well when I'm on here, and use Safari for everything else. Yes it was doing the same to me. Sounds like a site admin or moderator contacting the appropriate individuals problem.

·
Registered
5,335 Posts
Yes....

Been going on for a while, on and off. Admin has requested you capture the URL of the site and post it if possible.

·
Super Moderator
1,652 Posts
No issues here. Using Brave Browser on IPad Pro 12.9 V2.

·
Registered
17,806 Posts
Using FFox... never seeing it happen. Must be something through the advertising service. I've seen that before at other sires. MS's browser are slow anyway IME.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Happens in Safari on a Mac. Resolved by using Chrome. Clearly there is malicious code running on the server. Admins need to secure the site, this is a mess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17,806 Posts
Happens in Safari on a Mac. Resolved by using Chrome. Clearly there is malicious code running on the server. Admins need to secure the site, this is a mess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's the ad service, not the server code. Been down this road before. They have to get the specific ads causing the issues removed from the ad service.

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
It's the ad service, not the server code. Been down this road before. They have to get the specific ads causing the issues removed from the ad service.
Yeah, a little too long on this road. They know who they are, have their IP address, but it continues. Some answers from the mods have been "Doesn't happen on my browser". Yeah,how about all the f'n browsers it does affect? Fix it, don't offer excuses. Someone needs to look in the mirror and say "I f'ed up, I'll fix it." Takes a brave person these days to own it.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Wouldn’t the admins be able to
Yeah, a little too long on this road. They know who they are, have their IP address, but it continues. Some answers from the mods have been "Doesn't happen on my browser". Yeah,how about all the f'n browsers it does affect? Fix it, don't offer excuses. Someone needs to look in the mirror and say "I f'ed up, I'll fix it." Takes a brave person these days to own it.
Isn't that what the malware thread is for? So the mods can get the specific ads causing the issues?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts