SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello :D

im just a little curious about how many south australians there actually are on SC..

i see HEAPS of saabs driving around adelaide and am always wondering if they have even heard of this site, i know of one other person here who is in SA so far..

so, if you are located in SA, let me know!

i am considering putting a saabcentral logo/sticker on my car so fellow saabers in my area can also be familiar with this site

cheers
chris

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Check out our Saab Club of Australia website for more info about our club too. We are trying to get an SA branch off the ground.
please please PLEASE get a saab club in SA!
theres so many of them around here! i think it would be "heaps good" :cheesy:

i was going to join the melbourne one but decided not to, mainly because i dont want to have to drive 700KMs just for a meeting/get together :lol:

if you can get one up and going here, count me in!

chris.

·
Registered
83 Posts
hi Chris, I'm in Adelaide- Greenacres area if you know where it is. Re Saab club of SA- there used to be a SA branch of Saab Club of Australia but it seems to have died for have not seen SA posts on their site for some years now- which is unfortunate. I don't know about Adelaide but there are a few from SA posting on this site.
Cheers, Marek

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i have a slight idea where greenacres is, around muller road i think... im at the other end of adelaide - down south, seaford :)

yeah i have been noticing a few more people from sa in the C900 forums lately, which is a good thing.
it would be nice to have a saab club and cruises in sa, just getting all the saab owners together would be a bit of a problem because im guessing most of them have never even heard of this site, or the SCAA site either.. and i think they would become a little worried of other saab owners start chasing them around to try and get them to join.
i check the SCAA site every now and then to see if there is anything planned for SA, last time i checked it didnt seem very conclusive unfortunately.

chris

·
Banned
2,175 Posts
When in school, I changed my intended career because I heard someone in Adelaide did the exact same change. So South Australia has my gratitude.

Perhaps Ludichris001 can coordinate the new Saab Club of South Australia? Is there a Saab garage that can host a Saturday lunch? It could be a joint meeting of the Lar's Saab Garage Customer Banquet (made up name) and the new Saab Club of South Australia. Or maybe a church could allow use of their parking lot and they could set up a table on the side? Or meet in a public park.

Some Saab drivers are not too interested in cars and would not join in the festivities. Others might not get around to doing so even if interested. Funny, there's a Saab club where I live but I've never gone to any meetings.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Well, 11 years later. I now have a SAAB (9000) and in South Australia (whyalla). i cant see any club so im guessing nothing started (or is still running)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts