SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any saab enthusiast in San Francisco Bay Area? I am also in the Audi Scene which is ALOT more active.

-Rob

·
Registered
25 Posts
I'm in San Jose much of the time and have a Saab or two (or four)

It seems you can't drive a day without seeing a classic 900 on the road around here so it's pretty odd that there isn't a more active community.
I'm making a pile of parts to t-5 at least one of my 900s and if that goes well my 99 could use something extra...

·
Registered
60 Posts
Hello...Im from hayward.
Been looking to go to some car meets with some saab guys.

Where you at in east bay?

·
Super Moderator
31,228 Posts
Any saab enthusiast in San Francisco Bay Area? I am also in the Audi Scene which is ALOT more active.

-Rob
Asking this in the Lounge will also get more Bay Area Saabers' attention :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
I just picked up a c900 turbo from another member on here two days ago. Big plans for it and i live in Cupertino. Moved away from the vw/audi scene recently but a lot of my friends are still in it so i show up at meets and whatnot.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I just picked up a c900 turbo from another member on here two days ago. Big plans for it and i live in Cupertino. Moved away from the vw/audi scene recently but a lot of my friends are still in it so i show up at meets and whatnot.

Cool - what Audi did you drive? I drive both and im from the East bay

·
Registered
184 Posts
Hey Guys, San Jose here. Greetings! 2006 9-3 SportCombi here. I've got an Audi too, well my wife does, 2006 S4. Also have a 2005 AMG C55. Let's meet up and play with some cars.

-Collin-

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hey Guys, San Jose here. Greetings! 2006 9-3 SportCombi here. I've got an Audi too, well my wife does, 2006 S4. Also have a 2005 AMG C55. Let's meet up and play with some cars.

-Collin-

Cool .. met up with fellow Saab not to long ago in the east bay.

Collin - PM me you contact info and i can add you the our SMS thread.

- others - please PM me your info .. we can schedule a quick meet

-Rob

·
Registered
12 Posts
Cool - what Audi did you drive? I drive both and im from the East bay
I used to have a mk5 Rabbit, a mk5 R32, and a Mk2 GTI

My 900 is currently dead in the water, tried replacing the alt yesterday and now it drops to 6 volts after we disconnect the jumping car from the saab. Really annoyed because that alt was a ***** to do and i dont want to search through wiring which im terrible at. Tried looking online for diagrams and cant find anything consistent on how the ground/positive is hooked up to the alt which i figure was installed backwards.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I used to have a mk5 Rabbit, a mk5 R32, and a Mk2 GTI

My 900 is currently dead in the water, tried replacing the alt yesterday and now it drops to 6 volts after we disconnect the jumping car from the saab. Really annoyed because that alt was a ***** to do and i dont want to search through wiring which im terrible at. Tried looking online for diagrams and cant find anything consistent on how the ground/positive is hooked up to the alt which i figure was installed backwards.

oh wow .. sorry to hear that .. lmk if you need a honest / reliable mechanic -
Did you say you still had your VW's? Im currently upgrading my B6 A4 to Stage 3 ATM.

·
Registered
12 Posts
oh wow .. sorry to hear that .. lmk if you need a honest / reliable mechanic -
Did you say you still had your VW's? Im currently upgrading my B6 A4 to Stage 3 ATM.
For sure dude, thanks. Should be able to sort it out in my driveway hopefully.

Nah no VW's currently. I have the Saab, a volvo wagon project im trying to get rid of and my daily a Fiat 500 Abarth.

·
Registered
114 Posts
What's up Bay Area

Where do you take your SAABs for service and what not?
I live in South Bay so my options now are: B&B SAAB, Parker, Nordic Motors and Bo Jonsson.

Any experiences? (I have been dealing with B&B and time to find an indy).

1 - 20 of 53 Posts