SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a couple searches and it seems to me that no one has ever looked into just replacing the strut inserts. I've done it before and it involved cutting and drilling the stock strut mounts and installing a cartridge or insert into the lower assembly. Basically it's usually more cost effective because you don't have to pay for all the stuff you probably don't need. Anyway I was just thinking about this and wondered if it's ever been done. thanks.

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
I did a couple searches and it seems to me that no one has ever looked into just replacing the strut inserts. I've done it before and it involved cutting and drilling the stock strut mounts and installing a cartridge or insert into the lower assembly. Basically it's usually more cost effective because you don't have to pay for all the stuff you probably don't need. Anyway I was just thinking about this and wondered if it's ever been done. thanks.

Don't know about the inserts but the struts themselves compared to inserts are not that expensive compared to the labor and all the assosciated parts like strut mounts and strut bearings.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Don't know about the inserts but the struts themselves compared to inserts are not that expensive compared to the labor and all the assosciated parts like strut mounts and strut bearings.
I guess you're right. I put them in an old car and it was an easy process though.. Saved me some money and all I had to do was drill a hole in bottom of oem strut.. cut it a little bit above the spring mount and insert and install.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts