SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i would post a picture but its not working right now, i had (for a little) a sport trans mount from GS. I went to look under my car the other day only to notice something was missing. the bushing was gone and the bracket on the trans where the mount connects to had snapped, including the mount bolt which still has some left screwed into the side of the bracket that didnt shear off. anyone else had this same experience? and does anyone have one of the brackets from a junk tranny i can have??

·
Registered
4,845 Posts
explorerfx4 said:
i would post a picture but its not working right now, i had (for a little) a sport trans mount from GS. I went to look under my car the other day only to notice something was missing. the bushing was gone and the bracket on the trans where the mount connects to had snapped, including the mount bolt which still has some left screwed into the side of the bracket that didnt shear off. anyone else had this same experience? and does anyone have one of the brackets from a junk tranny i can have??
:eek: Sounds like you hit something!

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
see, thats what i thought too, but as i looked more there were no signs of impact anywhere on the undercarriage of the car.

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
I think you may have found a new saab part that breaks :cry:

·
Registered
348 Posts
Over-torqued?

Hi, I just performed the same upgrade on my 2003 Linear Wagon. I found the bolts to be super tight, and putting them back even more difficult with everything under tension.

Anyway, is it possible that you may have over-torqued the bolt that holds the bushing, and eventually it just snapped? That would explain why it wiggled free, and eventually dropped out?

Just a thought.

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Was this the blue one that they make at GS? It's solid and doesn't give very much so I can imagine that the other mounts would need to be in good working order to keep it from overstressing the mount. What does the mount on the other side look like? if it was bad could it have caused the overstressed condition that snapped that bracket?

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
StX221 said:
Which ones dont break?:roll:
Erm........

Hang on..........

A.........

Well there's.........

:confused:

·
Registered
4,845 Posts
Chris 9-5 said:
Erm........

Hang on..........

A.........

Well there's.........

:confused:
The stereo seems reliable... :confused:

·
Registered
348 Posts
Poly Trans mount.

The manual transmission mount is orange, although I believe there was a blue one for Viggens. I can't imagine the whole bolt coming out, as the transmission is in the way (for most people), so it has to have sheared from over-torquing, and fallen out completely?

I just installed mine, and hope I don't end up the same way. It seems most people like the upgrade, with few having to re-tighten the bolt. I guess that's something to keep an eye on.

·
Registered
348 Posts
SectorNine50 said:
The stereo seems reliable... :confused:
My AM reception sucks, but the WB is works great. Whenever I press the breaks, AM turns to fuzz. I think that's a feature, and not something broken though.

·
Registered
4,845 Posts
MikeJavo said:
My AM reception sucks, but the WB is works great. Whenever I press the breaks, AM turns to fuzz. I think that's a feature, and not something broken though.
Um... well... the doors close well! :cheesy:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts