SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Those remaining brand new 2011 9-3s are deeply discounted on dealer lots and looking tempting. Of course, the catch is that Saab doesn't offer factory warranty on them, so they are sold "as is". Has anyone here bought one of those cars and, if so, what's a decent third-party solution to the warranty issue?

·
Registered
347 Posts
I bought one. I opted for the $1400 warranty the dealer provided to me. Felt confident since the 2.0T engine and components are petty rock solid. Plus that dealer isn't going anywhere since they own several other dealerships linked in the same motor mall. I bought the warranty in case I got a lemon. Its a 4yr/60k warranty.

·
Registered
256 Posts
The problem is not the warranty but the shortage of certain spare parts. I hope this gets resolved soon under new ownership of the Saab parts division but this may take some more weeks. Meaning you can have a warranty but the car could be sitting at the dealer for weeks to get fixed because of missing parts. I am just in an odyssey to get a radiator for the 2.8V6.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I bought one

I got a 2011 93 a few days after the bankruptcy was announced in January. I also bought a third party warranty for 5 years. The dealership is a client of mine, and they stated the company was rock solid coast to coast for repairs. Parts could be a problem, but thus far my dealership has not had problems acquiring them (truth, not BS).

Super happy with my purchase, protection and the price. How much are they going for now?

·
Registered
267 Posts
bought my 11' in early Feb of this year. got no warranty of any kind. im confident in the product and im a former saab tech so i know how to fix it if something goes wrong. so far 8k+ miles and not a single hiccup. most of done is a few mods and oil changes. love it!

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
I bought one. I opted for the $1400 warranty the dealer provided to me. Felt confident since the 2.0T engine and components are petty rock solid. Plus that dealer isn't going anywhere since they own several other dealerships linked in the same motor mall. I bought the warranty in case I got a lemon. Its a 4yr/60k warranty.
Troy motor mall? I was there a couple weeks ago looking at the turbo x.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts