SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
They are not wood.
It's a photo-realistic hunk of plastic.
A real veneer is pretty$ if you get one.
For my taste, I think they look a bit Lexus, but some folks like the look.
I'm eventually going to make my own out of some fancy wood veneer and vacuum glue it to the fascia.

·
Registered
5,779 Posts
You can buy nice walnut veneers pretty cheap online, wouldn't be too hard to make one. I've seen one of the ebay jobs, and it was starting to crack and peel in one spot, but on the whole it looked good (it's laminated plastic of some sort). Me, I wouldn't mind a brushed aluminum dash... :cheesy:

·
Registered
322 Posts
the real veneer kit i have got is made out of machined aluminium... then the wood veneer is set on top making it

1) extremly prescion made
2) doesnt crack
3) very sexy to look at

:)

yeah kinda expensive too!

·
Registered
2,996 Posts
I've got one on mine. Got sick of looking at the black in traffic jams. It's awright and pretty easy to put on. If you fancy it buy it. Looks OK.

·
Registered
4,078 Posts
Albert Trout said:
I've got one on mine. Got sick of looking at the black in traffic jams. It's awright and pretty easy to put on. If you fancy it buy it. Looks OK.
nurse Rachette, I wanna watch the world series (sorry - Albert has a pic from one of my favorite movies on his sig pic)

·
Registered
491 Posts
^^^^yeah I love that movie too^^^^

but as for the dash, I recommend making one, The wood would (ahah) most likely
be thin enough to conform to your dash, all you have to do it pull of the vinyl sticker thing, lay it on desired wood, and cut it out...shouldnt be tooo hard (the wood or the job :lol: )

-Alex

·
Registered
751 Posts
I sadly had it in my car. I think it looks naff! i like the retro black plastic. well more than badly shaped plastic :p

1 - 9 of 9 Posts