SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quick question for you guys,

The FAQ has not been updated in some time. I was curious if the TECH II changes have been updated at all. This list was formulated, as great as it is, back in 2003.

With the new addition of Saabs in the family trying to keep up to date. Thanks fellas.

·
Registered
103 Posts
CallipNCSUsaab said:
well, I actually dont know if there are.. just curious if in 2-3 years if there have been any updates.
There are weekly updates to various aspects of the TECH2 and fairly regular updates to the firmware in the various modules on the 9-3. Specifically, what are you interested in??
WopOnTour

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
I think he was asking for an updated list to the one here:
http://www.mrandmrs-g.net/saabtech2.htm

An interesting question: will a 2003 vehicle have the same options as a 2005 (assuming same model).

Or a better question: can 2003 vehicles take advantage of any new options made available in the past 2 years? :D

·
Registered
134 Posts
My question is would the local Buick/Pontiac dealership tech (a buddy of mine) be able to change my TechII settings using their unit? Is TechII a TechII no matter which dealer/brand?

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
Probably not. do a search on "tech" for more info, but in short, there is much proprietary equipment needed. If a dealership (like mine does chevy, cadillac & Saab) does do Saab, it will have the right equipment. But there is the regular tech ii, a card is needed with updated into, and a secure internet connection to Saab is needed as well. it is not easy.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts