SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
eEuroparts is among the best

I have ordered from them many times, love their free shipping for orders over $35!

Also check prices at:

www.genuinesaab.com
www.thesaabsite.com

Each of the above is very good, and each offers the lowest prices on different products, i.e. front rotors cheapest at one site while rears cheaper at another.

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
rfdphoto said:
I'm looking at them also as my dealership quoted me $900 for a total brake job.
Am worried about diameter as there are supposedly 2 sizes (285mm and 310mm i believe). Have you heard anything about this?

I started a thread about it and someone replied back giving me the link - might ask them

http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=114123
there are a couple different sizes. the ones that i have linked are for the rear and they are 278mm (i emailed the guy). hope that helps

·
Registered
759 Posts
Yes I've used them for several years for many parts for Saabs and Volvo. Great outfit, rapid shipping, and the best part is free shipping on all orders over $39. :D

·
Registered
12,509 Posts
It's safe to say that Aero's and Arc's use the larger Brakes and Linears use the smaller brakes. You can go to any manufacturer or Dealers site to find your size...all you have to know is what kind of car you have. This is the fourth thread discussing rotor size in as many days. Look here http://www.thesaabsite.com/93/93Brakes.con.htm or check Brembo's site or www.ebcbrakes.com Noobs take note, search the forum too

arcs/aeros 302mm Fr 290 R

linears 285mm Fr 278 R

·
Registered
434 Posts
I have used Eeuroparts countless times ordering Volvo 240 and 850 parts, and never had any problems whatsoever. I highly recommend them.

·
Registered
1 Posts
International Shipping Costs Kills THE BUZZ!

I've purchased from eeuroparts afew times. Main problem I have is that I fall into thir international shipping class. Up to the time of this post they will only use a couple of versions of Fedex shipping. Problem is that both options cost an absolute bomb! Even the cheaper of the two options tends to double the price of the part. Hopefully, they will look into this issue and provide a much cheaper albeit slower option. Other than that they are indeed reliable and the parts are tip top. So to anyone out there from eeuroparts who might take the time to read this sad and moving tale take a leaf from some of the dealers on ebay and give us a break on the shipping costs. FFS! :roll:

·
Registered
6,596 Posts
What everyone else said ;ol;

They always seem to get things out to me quickly - the one time I had a small issue (I didn't get around to returning a cv joint core to them within their time limit), they were very reasonable and just gave me a new RMA number over the phone. I have no doubt they'd cheerfully refund my $ if I ever ordered the wrong part or if something was defective.

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
Im looking to "upgrade" to slotted 292 rears with EBC redstuff or hawk pads. Anyone done this before?

Know of a good source for pads and rotors?

Its mostly for looks (and negligible) performance, to match the front slotted 6 pot 345 kit.

Thanks;ol;

·
Registered
12,509 Posts
Im looking to "upgrade" to slotted 292 rears with EBC redstuff or hawk pads. Anyone done this before?

Know of a good source for pads and rotors?

Its mostly for looks (and negligible) performance, to match the front slotted 6 pot 345 kit.

Thanks;ol;
This should actually be it's own Brake Thread since it's got nothing to do with Eeuroparts.. Personally I find Redstuff a bit to aggressive... but the hard aggressive Brakers will disagree. A Popular combination here is OEM Pads with Akebono or Hawk Ceramic Pads. You want the Slots for Asthetics so do as you please with that... and if that's the case try EBC Rotors and Redstuff... that will get you noticed.

Rock Auto is pretty cheap but I don't know if they carry EBC.

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
This should actually be it's own Brake Thread since it's got nothing to do with Eeuroparts.. Personally I find Redstuff a bit to aggressive... but the hard aggressive Brakers will disagree. A Popular combination here is OEM Pads with Akebono or Hawk Ceramic Pads. You want the Slots for Asthetics so do as you please with that... and if that's the case try EBC Rotors and Redstuff... that will get you noticed.

Rock Auto is pretty cheap but I don't know if they carry EBC.
True Jon... new thread it is... And no, rock auto doesnt carry them.... Best bet I think is go to EBC's site and look up the part number, then google that.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts